Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for food mixer/processor

(8 Posts)
kazjj Tue 24-Jan-17 19:02:27

For Christmas my mum wants something to replace her hand held mixer and stick blender. Any recommendations? I think she wants more of a food processor than a food mixer. She doesn't bake cakes but would like to be able to use it to make pastry. She does make soup a lot. I have been looking online but there is such a variety of types and price range.

kirkyj Tue 24-Jan-17 19:35:41

I have a kenwood food processor and it is very good for chopping stuff, but for pastry I use the mixer and soup I use the blender because you can get more done at once than in the processor. Sorry, not much help! I haven't had the stick blender out of the cupboard since I bought those three though!

AlfaMummy Wed 25-Jan-17 04:53:59

Buy the best Magimix you can afford. John Lewis is good. You get what you pay for. 25 year guarantee is included, too.

MrsJamin Wed 25-Jan-17 05:12:09

For Christmas?! Weird time of year...
Anyway. Kenwood with attachments for food processor and blender, that's what ice got. Not sure what your budget is though.

Sugarcoma Wed 25-Jan-17 12:24:20

I have a Magimix and it's awful for making soup - once I've cooked the soup and poured it into the Magimix bowl to blend it it always flipping leaks. And if I ever use the smaller bowls they leak into the bigger bowl (even if I'm not blending liquid) so all three bowls have to be washed. Nightmare.

StillRabbit Thu 26-Jan-17 14:36:57

I have a Kenwood Chef Titanium with blender and food processor attachments. DH bought it for me over 10 years ago and I love it. It does everything I can think of needing.

PhoenixJasmine Thu 26-Jan-17 14:41:10

I love my magimix. I have a le mini as most of the time it's just me, but they do bigger versions. I don't have problems with leaking, unless I've overfilled it!

I use it all the time, to make batters, doughs, sauces, grate or thinly slice veggies, make mayo, hummus, dips etc. I wouldn't be without it!

bouncydog Fri 27-Jan-17 19:57:13

For soups the kenwood stick blender with the huge soup blade is fantastic - you blend it in the pan! Pastry - magimix no contest but I find it useless for whisking egg whites as doesn't incorporate the air like a balloon whisk. Cakes and bread - kenwood chef! You can get lots of attachments for the kenwood chef including a liquidiser that will do soup but not sure how you would do pastry. Sorry not a lot of help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now