Talk

Advanced search

Having a Cleaner Etiquette

(5 Posts)
Tweedledee3Tweedledum Tue 24-Jan-17 15:35:13

I have contact a woman from a cleaning company to do a domestic clean in my house fortnightly.

Is there anything in particular I should or shouldn't do?

First world problems!!!

donajimena Tue 24-Jan-17 15:38:41

Just speak to them about your expectations. Mine changes the beds which is lovely but not a usual task. When I was a domestic cleaner I would do anything they wanted household related but if the client doesn't specify things such as unloading dishwasher or changing beds I wouldn't do it voluntarily as their priority might have been cleaning over the other tasks

ChocoChou Tue 24-Jan-17 15:47:38

It's normal to talk with them on the first day and give a list of what you want done. They'll then say if it's all feasible in the time they have.
My cleaner changes all the beds but doesn't put the bedding into wash. Doesn't clean oven/microwave/unload dishwasher/iron etc.
I'll usually leave her a note each week saying if there was anything extra I'd want her doing... steamroom etc.
She's great smile

DanglyEarOrnaments Tue 24-Jan-17 17:40:23

As pps have said the relationship all hinges upon having the scope of the work set out in the first place. The service provider is responsible for setting out the scope of their service level ie what is and is not included within their service and the homeowner is resposnible for communicating their priorities and any extras they would like to choose out of the service level on offer by that particular provider.

Most disagreements occurr when the above is not set out clearly from the beginning and misunderstandings occur as to what is included in the price and what is additional plus what is beyond the scope of that particular provider's service level.

Best if the service provider can outline their service level in a written document in the first place so all is clear. Also best if they take down notes about what you have discussed and about the house in general.

Tweedledee3Tweedledum Tue 24-Jan-17 19:03:19

Thanks, everyone. That's really helpful. I'll make sure to have a discussion about what we need first of all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now