Talk

Advanced search

feeling overwhelmed

(10 Posts)
Tinkerbell17 Sun 22-Jan-17 00:16:38

Me and my hubby both work full time. i work from home but dont feel this gives me anymore time. we have 3 dogs so things can get hetric lol. but it feels there is always so much to do and i can never get my home into order. there is clutter everywhere. like today i worked to 5pm then started cleaning and didnt get finished to after 9. im exhausted. any tips on how to make things easier? i have thought about if i could get a cleaner in to so a deep clean but there is mess and clutter everywhere that i would have to clean for the cleaner coming. any suggestions would be appreciated

wowfudge Sun 22-Jan-17 11:41:33

Work a room at a time. Have a box or bag for stuff to throw out, one for things to be put away and one for charity. Once you have tidied, clean and hoover. Put the rubbish in the bin and the charity bag in the car ready to go, if you have one. Things that are to be put away, put away.

Maybe do one room per evening to make things more manageable.

Tinkerbell17 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:22:23

thanks wowfudge

Twolittlejobbys Sun 22-Jan-17 23:39:07

Yes I agree one room at a time. I was very ill last year and things just built up over time as I could barely do the basics. Now back to full health and I've done a room at a time. Although it's taken me a few months. Pick one big job a week eg declutter and deep clean the kitchen, then it's much easier to keep on top of until you get round to the next big job iyswim.

OutToGetYou Sun 22-Jan-17 23:44:27

If you get the right cleaner they will help you get on top of it ours has been a marvel. I just went for it in the end as we were getting nowhere on our own.

NewPantsforaNewYear Sun 22-Jan-17 23:52:46

Google Marie Kondo

Henduckgoose Mon 23-Jan-17 00:12:51

I could have written this op 😱. 3 dogs...3 kids... Full time working ... So overwhelmed with all there is to do both inside and outside here. Cleaner not an option for us financially. I have read Mari Kondo and is inspirational but I've still not mastered the magic art of tidying. Also tried the fly lady... Shining my sink when I have the energy.
Resigning myself to a life of untidiness until I retire..or kids leave home... I think

gazingatthestars Fri 27-Jan-17 05:06:06

Tidy and clean as you go rather than let it build up
When you go to loo - keep products in bathroom and shove some bleach down loo and use cif or bathroom wipes to give things a quick wipe around
Hoover frequently as this lessens all other cleaning
Get into habit of cleaning after dinner, tidy up dinner then give kitchen a quick wipe around then shove some washing on and pick one household task to do (like skirting boards, windows, bathroom).
then you can sit down and enjoy your eve
Just never let it build up
Also get cleaner if you can afford it - do a bit of decluttering before but don't clean - that's their job!!

gazingatthestars Fri 27-Jan-17 05:06:30

Oh and limit places dogs can go in house - dogs make mess!!

Eatingcheeseontoast Fri 27-Jan-17 06:05:26

Get rid of stuff and stop buying stuff.

Get the cleaner now. A good cleaner will sort it out.

Put paper stuff like bills away in a folder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now