Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you love your steam mop?

(19 Posts)
user1484780023 Fri 20-Jan-17 19:43:50

I am tempted by the cheap aldi one. Is a steam mop a great idea for a kitchen and 3 bathrooms that all have lino? Or is it not really worth it? I don't wash the floors as often as I should as it takes ages and the dcs inevitably step on it while it's still slippy/ damp. Would a steam mop be quicker than a regular one?

Ringsender2 Fri 20-Jan-17 19:45:29

Good question OP. Waiting to hear answers

tubzy Fri 20-Jan-17 20:47:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rogl Fri 20-Jan-17 21:11:57

Loved it for 2 months then it leaked and tripped the electrics, same thing happened to sil after 5 months

user1475253854 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:14:17

Mine is good, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head though.

WishUponAStar88 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:16:48

Love mine, have had it years (not also but a cheap one all the same!) quicker than a normal mop and just throw the pad in the washing machine after. Floor dries pretty quickly. Originally bought it in a house with tiles/ laminate or wood throughout the downstairs. Now only tend to use if for the kitchen (tiny bathroom) but still worth having and would definitely replace if it broke.

WishUponAStar88 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:17:13

Not Aldi that should say!

Gorja Fri 20-Jan-17 21:17:36

Hate it. If you live near Leicester you can have it!

Spam88 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:29:37

I loved my steam mop, definitely quicker than normal mopping and dries quicker (but doesn't leave the floor particularly wet to begin with). However, you're not really supposed to use them on lino because it can melt the glue underneath. I'm sure plenty of people do though so depends how precious you are about your floor really.

Philoslothy Fri 20-Jan-17 21:36:56

I love mine, gets used every day. Enables me to keep a house clean with lots of animals and children

lorribaby Fri 20-Jan-17 21:43:17

Love mine! Put a bit of zoflora on the floor first and the house will smell great. I have all sorts of different attachments and it is so quick and you know it is really clean afterwards better than mopping which takes ages to dry.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Fri 20-Jan-17 21:47:14

Nope I hate it and it hardly ever gets used. I just wanted a small upright one but my husband went out and got a huge karcher one, used it once and declared how brilliant it was, he hasn't touched it since. It's a waste of space.

Philoslothy Fri 20-Jan-17 22:35:48

I think having an upright one is key. I had one that was about the size of a Henry vacuum with loads of additional parts and I never used it. My upright one is easy to store and use. I have one for upstairs and one for downstairs as they are so small.

lozengeoflove Fri 20-Jan-17 22:38:37

Hate it with such ardent passion that if rather stick to my kitchen floor, than get the hideous beast from a dark corner which it inhibits.

LittleCandle Fri 20-Jan-17 22:41:50

Adore it. Some zoflora in the water and off you go. Ours is a cheap one from Lidl. No complaints so far and it came with 2 removable fluffy pads. You can even use it on carpet.

Hoolit Fri 20-Jan-17 23:22:42

I love mine, use it regularly and get carried away once it's out!! I steam everything that stands still long enough 😀
Floor, bathroom,window sills, kitchen counters,cupboards etc. It's from asda about £70 so easy to use.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 20-Jan-17 23:25:12

I've tried two and they both just pushed the dirt into the corners.

Chopchopnow Fri 20-Jan-17 23:35:11

Could I use one on stone floors? Like heavy flagstone tile floors.

montezumasrevenge Fri 20-Jan-17 23:53:30

I bought the £20ish Aldi one about 2 years ago. Liked it but alternated it with old fashioned mop and bucket as I didn't trust it somehow, although the tiles always looked ok.
Then got a fancier one about 6 months ago, this one has an unclippable main section that allows me to use it as a handheld steam cleaner too. I really like it, I have dermatitis and now don't need so many chemicals etc. It is also great at glass. I still like to do the floors with the mop and bucket every so often though.
I think the Aldi one doesn't get hot enough to kill all the germs. The more expensive ones get really hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now