Talk

Advanced search

Window cleaner leaving windows looking worse than before??

(4 Posts)
mumto2two Fri 20-Jan-17 11:48:20

Our window cleaners, young group of lads with a van and one of those large brush contraptions that showers windows with water, (outside only) and are supposed to dry 'clean'.
However, for the umpteenth time the windows have been left covered in huge white dried droplets all over..every single window! Looks worse than before!
Do any of your window cleaners use a similar method, and do you have the same problem. What's happened to a bit of elbow grease and a good old polish?!!

CremeEggThief Fri 20-Jan-17 13:59:32

I wonder if you live near me, as I feel the same about mine. The amount of smears you can see when the sun's out is awful! Still, at least they got the bird poo on the outside of DS's bedroom window off last time they came!

mumto2two Fri 20-Jan-17 14:27:42

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't normally have a conversation about something as inane as window cleaning, (honest!) but I can't believe I pay to have the windows left like that! Huge whitish droplets literally plastered all over the windows, and when the sun shines, it looks such a mess! My old cleaner was an older man in his own, with the traditional kit. And I never had a problem, they looked amazing every time.
Are these modern brush contraptions really supposed to be better?! hmm

mintthins Fri 20-Jan-17 14:31:29

Our window cleaner uses one of those, and I'd say it's OK rather than great. It does usually dry fairly clean though. Are you in a hard water area? Are they maybe cutting corners with any additives or something they are supposed to add?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now