Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Steam cleaner -which one would you recommend

(5 Posts)
user1484780023 Thu 19-Jan-17 15:50:10

So I've decided to invest in a steam cleaner/mop. I have 50-60 to spend, I'd like to be able to use it on tiles, lino, and through out the bathroom. Which one would you chose?

MadisonAvenue Thu 19-Jan-17 15:56:41

Slightly higher than your budget but I have a Karcher SC3 which I got from Amazon for around £90 just before Christmas. I use it daily and it does a brilliant job. There are cheaper Karchers which also have excellent reviews.

I bought that to replace a Vax steam mop which had been replaced under guarantee twice and had failed again do obviously I won't recommend Vax.

MadisonAvenue Thu 19-Jan-17 15:57:55

*so, not do

fitnessbuff Thu 19-Jan-17 16:55:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

e1y1 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:16:20

I am currently eyeing up the Shark lift off one.

I have had about 4 steam mops I think, and had good ones, but never amazing.

As PP said about the H2O mop, I had the older red one (called h2o ultra I think) and that is really sturdy, versatile, but also cumbersome. The new h2o mop (x5) was nowhere near as good, it did the job but just felt really flimsy (ended up giving it away).

Currently I have a Vax S7 which I got free with a vacuum, and it is acceptable, but not wow - unsure how wow a mop can be though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now