(10 Posts)
julesnbump Wed 18-Jan-17 21:20:31

Can anyone recommend a soup maker, haven't got a clue which one to get

Nanasueathome Wed 18-Jan-17 21:22:58

Mine's a Cooks Proffesional
From Amazon
Makes soup in aporox 20 mins

Babieseverywhere Wed 18-Jan-17 22:07:19

I have a morphy richards soup maker, which I got cheap off eBay.

I love it, it makes four portions at once. Extra portions I put in cups in the fridge and reheat in the microwave in 2 mins.

I recommend adding a medium potato to all soup recipes to thicken them up.

JayneW63 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:32:48

I've had mine for years, it's called a pan, with a lid, can make as many as gosh, 10 portions and as little as one. plus numerous other uses.

sorry, I just don't get all these gadgets , making a veg soup is so easy and quick you don't need gizmos.

Zippidydoodah Thu 19-Jan-17 11:18:28

Jayne! grin

This is very unhelpful to the op, but yes, I agree!

Babieseverywhere Thu 19-Jan-17 11:29:06

@JayneW63

Pans need to be watched and stirred.

Where as my soup maker runs by itself whilst I am on the school run, then blends itself. Plus it is as easy to clean as a pan.

JayneW63 Thu 19-Jan-17 12:24:01

I'm feeling feisty this morning, I've just been on a long road of culinary gizzmos that are usually advertised with live changing promises which end their lives in the back of the kitchen cupboard or garage after a few months use and a little longer gathering dust.

While no one is going to part me from my vacuum cleaner or dish washer, or slow cooker, if your soup maker fits in to your life and makes it easier great, I just think some times it's worth remembering that we don't always need a gadget.

NanTheWiser Thu 19-Jan-17 17:28:05

I bought the Morphy Richards Saute and Soup a couple of months ago - I try to eat low-carb, and most bought soups are too high in carbs for me. It's brilliant! I can chuck in whatever veg I fancy (sautéing leeks/onions first), then leave it to do its stuff. All ready in 25 minutes or less. Makes 3 large bowlfuls, or 4 smaller ones, so I store excess in fridge or freeze some. And I've discovered how delicious celeriac soup is! Very low carb, and very filling.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-Jan-17 17:30:07

I'm with Jayne! I don't stand and stir soup,it doesn't need it. Takes 15- 20 mins max and blend with a stick blender ,mine was £3 from Tesco.

JayneW63 Fri 20-Jan-17 10:54:58

Celeriac is fantastic, add apple and it makes a great summer soup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now