Talk

Advanced search

What to look for in a floor steam cleaner?

(6 Posts)
EffinIneffable Tue 17-Jan-17 09:55:12

Toddler is very keen on throwing food and we aren't very keen on scrubbing floors three times a day so want to get a steam cleaner to make life a bit easier. But there are so many - some are quite cheap (sub £50) and some are ££££ but I can't really see much difference in the descriptions? Which are good ones? What is important? Thanks!

EffinIneffable Tue 17-Jan-17 14:45:56

Bump! I promise I'm not a spammer - genuinely looking for opinions (just seen there have been a lot of spammy posts here today).

PickAChew Tue 17-Jan-17 14:54:22

The main difference between mine and my mum's, which is what she finds frustrating, is that hers emits continuous steam, while mine has a trigger. I think that's the biggest difference between some of the cheaper and pricier ones. Having a hose with a nozzle that can emit a fine jet of fast steam is useful for grotty nooks and crannies, around taps etc.

zzzzz Tue 17-Jan-17 14:58:32

Buy the Sunday papers. Read them in bed while toddler plays with the "Sunday box" of toys. Use paper under highchair and then bin the mess.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 17-Jan-17 14:59:19

I have a cheap B&M job. Works fine,but is trigger powered and only holds about 100ml water which means turning off, refilling and heating 3 times to do the bathroom from top to toe inc entire floor and bath.

A also have a cheap steam mop, also great.

EffinIneffable Wed 18-Jan-17 10:09:00

Thanks ladies, trigger and decent size water tank the only things to look out for then? How are some of them £150 plus then??!! Just better marketing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now