Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your kitchen floors?

(12 Posts)
solopp Mon 16-Jan-17 21:47:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 16-Jan-17 21:48:39

What's it made of?

OhTheRoses Mon 16-Jan-17 21:49:07

She's called Agnes smile

Secretspillernamechange Mon 16-Jan-17 21:56:02

Scrub it weekly on my hands and knees with warm water and bleach (or zoflora if the mood takes me!).

CremeEggThief Mon 16-Jan-17 22:17:02

Em, I don't. I make do with my Vileda spray mop once a week. Nowhere near enough, but I have CFS and don't have the energy to scrub the floor, which in my opinion, is the only way to get it properly clean!

acornsandnuts Mon 16-Jan-17 22:25:09

This is amazing.
www.amazon.co.uk/JML-Super-Mop-Telescopic-Handle/dp/B000L3RRWU

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 16-Jan-17 22:29:18

Yes what's it made of op? Ours is travertine which apparently should only be cleaned with water. What tends to happen is people get a lovely floor put in, determine to keep it like new so buy loads of cleaning products. These have the same effect as washing your hands with soap but not rinsing - dirt sticks to them.
We inherited ours when we moved in and are going to have spend about a grand restoring it.
But in answer to your question - have used a Vax hard floor cleaner a few times but it seems it's too harsh so not reqlly bothering until it's been sorted.
Steam mops seem popular but, again, do nothing on mine.

PovertyJetset Mon 16-Jan-17 22:31:07

Steam mop 2/3 times a week and spot clean and splashes as they happen.

user1484486288 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:08:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PovertyJetset Tue 17-Jan-17 11:47:52

Was this a marketing ploy by vax????????!!!!

dangermouseisace Tue 17-Jan-17 11:57:29

I use a microfibre cloth and a sink full of diluted multi surface cleaner, usually every other day. Used to have a mop/bucket but I've been downsizing the amount of 'stuff' I use to clean and getting on hands and knees gets it done better- plus I usually do the cupboard fronts whilst I'm down there.

youngestisapsycho Tue 17-Jan-17 12:05:03

Tiny kitchen with a mat on half of floor it as floor is freezing... I hoover it mostly and my mum mops it when she comes round, so usually once a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now