Talk

Advanced search

Those aluminium rings around the gas burners on a gas hob - aaarrrggghhh

(14 Posts)
magnificent Mon 16-Jan-17 21:33:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FutureMrsRanj Mon 16-Jan-17 21:35:04

I steam mine

user1484486288 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:00:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 16-Jan-17 23:07:03

And the black disc things in the middle of the rings? I ordered another set but they seem impossible to clean too.angry

shovetheholly Tue 17-Jan-17 08:35:36

The black discs on mine are removable and I put them and the lift-up aluminium ring in the dishwasher.

It's still a PITA. I didn't choose the cooker - DH bought it when he was single. I can't wait to get a flat induction hob that I can just wipe.

MuteButtonisOn Tue 17-Jan-17 08:41:52

Steam works for ours.

ClaudiaNaughton Wed 18-Jan-17 18:39:32

I put them in the dishwasher too but it makes little difference. I do like gas though.

JayneW63 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:51:37

oh this ge'ed me up this morning, if it doesn't come off in the dishwasher it stays on there, like ironing knickers, life is too short. But in theory I've got the technology, so I had a go . Before and after, I used my ENJO kitchen sponge, cold water and my cup of tea wasn't even cold . Don't have those silver rings on my cooker so can't have a go at those.

Plus agree I prefer gas, had to use a touch screen control hob on holiday, burnt every thing.

reallybadidea Thu 19-Jan-17 10:52:57

Why on earth was the OP deleted?!

JayneW63 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:54:06

I also have enough self awareness to know taking pictures is very sad, but I was very pleased with the results.

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 23-Jan-17 19:01:53

Jayne did you use their marble paste too?

JayneW63 Mon 23-Jan-17 20:35:31

Not this time, I was surprised , I thought I'd need a smidgen, but the carbon came right off without any.

Do you use ENJO? You must if you know about the marble paste ))

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 23-Jan-17 21:14:59

No, I looked on their website. It's Australian and I'd invest if I was sure it would work. I'd never heard of it.

JayneW63 Mon 23-Jan-17 21:57:55

It's actually Austrian, but it is huge in Australia, and is seriously the easiest way of cleaning I've ever come across, I hadn't heard of it till my sister dragged me along to a demo.

It really works, I mean really works, the marble paste I use on my wood burner glass window, and when I burn pans ( which I do with alarming regularity) .

Have a look on Youtube, some of the demos are very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now