Talk

Advanced search

House move

(6 Posts)
abigfuckinghohoho Mon 16-Jan-17 13:29:22

We just moved house yesterday smile woke up this morning and there is no where to put anything we have downsized from a 3 to a 2 with the 2 young kids (4&18 months) (money related) what the hell do I do with all this stuff it's everywhere and feel like pulling my hair out !!!

ginorwine Mon 16-Jan-17 14:09:13

Put sone stuff in storage or with friends w a dry cellar
Put up storage cupboards etc
Then work out ur priorities
To keep / how u will use the house
It will be ok !

ChipmunkSundays Mon 16-Jan-17 14:17:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WingsClipped Mon 16-Jan-17 15:43:00

Agree with Chipmunk. Declutter as much as you can. Be ruthless. Are you really going to read all those books again? If you have Netflix etc are you really going to watch those DVDS again? Get rid of clothes which don't fit/fit badly. If you can be bothered and will actually do it, put on eBay or selling sites, otherwise just charity shop the lot. I found this easier doing in batches. I got rid of a lot of stuff when we moved and held on to my favourites of everything. Then slowly but surely when those favourites hadn't been used or even touched for the year I got rid of those as well. It's strange at first but then quite liberating once you get into the habit of it.

Bluntness100 Mon 16-Jan-17 15:46:34

I think you will find it all finds itself a home eventually. One of our removal men said that to me and I thought he was nuts. So yes, I had something similar and we ended up shoving loads of stuff in out buildings etc, but the reality was over the next few months it found it's way into the house and I detest clutter, just when we first moved I couldn't work out what the hell to do with it all.

The other things is have a massive throw out of all the stuff you don't need if you've not done it already.

SellFridges Mon 16-Jan-17 15:57:19

Honestly? Get rid of your own stuff. If you have lots of books, DVD's, CD's etc then they can go! Pack up memory type stuff into good plastic boxes and store under beds or in loft/outbuildings. And get rid of some toys - kids tend to have way too many anyway and they don't notice if you do it gradually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now