Talk

Advanced search

Housework when shattered

(12 Posts)
Thinkingofausername1 Mon 16-Jan-17 12:19:01

Today I feel absolutely shattered that I can't think straight. What house chores do you do when you feel like this? What do you prioritise??

HeyMacWey Mon 16-Jan-17 12:20:52

Bare minimum.
Wipe down surfaces and that's probably it.
(I have cfs/me though so have learnt not to push myself to do stuff when I can't)

HeyMacWey Mon 16-Jan-17 12:21:45

And bung stuff in the dishwasher so no clutter building up on the sides.

SortAllTheThings Mon 16-Jan-17 12:24:03

I stagger it if I'm feeling really crap (chronic pain). Watch one thing on Netflix (so about 45 mins usually) and then 10-15 mins of slow general tidying. Means I never overdo things and then have a rest period.

But prioritise clean kitchen, and clear sides, everything away, bins and maybe hoovering if I can be arsed.

ChipmunkSundays Mon 16-Jan-17 16:14:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsPear Mon 16-Jan-17 16:18:54

Basic hygiene only - so dishes washed, kitchen sides wiped down, dirty pants in the laundry basket, cleaner squirted in loo and spit wiped off bathroom sink. Take out for tea or oven tray job.

Hope you get some rest soon

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 16-Jan-17 18:31:22

Thanks for your replies. I managed to clean the hall and lounge so could Hoover . Also bleached down loo etc. Sorry to hear some of you are in pain and have chronic conditions. I know that feeling well and i either over do it or under do it - cannot find an inbetween 😩

Stitchfusion Mon 16-Jan-17 18:32:21

Not a single thing. Meal prep if I absolutely have to.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Mon 16-Jan-17 18:47:38

Load dishwasher so there are things for breakfast.
Clear table so the kids can sit down for breakfast.
If I still have energy shove toys to side of room so I don't trip over them.
Everything else can wait.
Hope you're ok OP

jimijack Mon 16-Jan-17 18:51:23

Hi, I often work a night shift with no childcare the next day so have to stay up until dh gets in after 6pm so I write a list.
I do it to keep going all day as my lo is only 3 and no longer has a day time nap.
My list generally contains changing all the bedding, having a shower, clean pjs all day then deep clean the bathroom.
I Hoover everywhere an d clean the kitchen. Throw something in the slow cooker for tea and potter all day.
I never go out as I don't feel safe to drive so it's a day at home...then I get into my lovely clean bed and collapse and hope that ds sleeps that night!

mogloveseggs Mon 16-Jan-17 18:54:35

I'm not well today so haven't done much. Washed pots, wiped kitchen sides. Hoovered living room. Bleach in loos. Made beds. Done one load of washing. Not doing anything jess today will do it tomorrow.

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:54:33

Finally sat down after a hectic day. It's going to be quite a couple of busy days but Wednesday on wards I'll be able to chill and not worry about too much. My dh was impressed with what i attempted as he could see this morning I was shattered. He is good helping with hoovering and heavier jobs at the weekend or when he has a spare minute. I think like others have said main thing is dishwasher being done and clean plates, clothes etc on bad days. I think I have a high expectation sometimes despite having chronic illness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now