Talk

Advanced search

Dishcloth

(10 Posts)
MotherOfDragon Fri 13-Jan-17 22:24:32

How often do you change your dishcloth?

I start the day with a fresh one and throw it in the machine every evening.

Bearing in mind i bleach the kitchen twice a day (don't ask) my husband thinks this is obsessive seeing as the cloth is covered in bleach,

Thoughts please? smile

dudsville Fri 13-Jan-17 22:27:00

I would imagine your kitchen is pretty damn clean, but to answer your question, I doubt use dish cloths. I start a new heavy duty sponge once a week.

wowfudge Sat 14-Jan-17 08:19:29

You use bleach on your work surfaces? That's worse than not washing a dishcloth every day. You don't, and shouldn't, use bleach like that. The only place I use it is down the loos.

PotatoHolic Sat 14-Jan-17 14:23:01

I do exactly the same as you Mother

kimlo Sat 14-Jan-17 17:12:59

I use a sponge for washing up which get changed every couple of days.

I use zoflora on the benches a couple of tines a day, and I put the cloth for that in the wash every time they get used.

Notso Sat 14-Jan-17 17:25:20

Dishcloth once a week sometimes more often. It's only really used for washing up glasses or the odd mug as we mostly use a dishwasher.

Surface cloth probably every other day. It depends how often I've wiped the kitchen down and what I've wiped or if I catch DH cleaning his fucking shoes with it.

Crumbs1 Sat 14-Jan-17 17:33:18

Dishcloths harbour all sorts of bugs if sat around wet or damp. At least daily is essential - then a hot wash and dry. Different colour cloths for floor/surfaces, fridges and stove top/bathrooms.

PinkSwimGoggles Sat 14-Jan-17 17:39:38

I change it every day at least once.

CremeEggThief Sat 14-Jan-17 22:29:18

I have separate sponges for washing up and surfaces. I usually change them both every 2 or 3 days, although I occasionally go up to a week for both. I used to change them every single day, but I've relaxed my standards a bit.

MrsNuckyThompson Sun 15-Jan-17 10:17:57

Washing up sponge is changed when the scrubbing part has worn away and / or it is dirty.

Dish cloth which really only wipes down surfaces is chucked and replaced prob once a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now