Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oven cleaning tips please

(11 Posts)
comegain Thu 12-Jan-17 17:07:19

Tomorrow I am going to Clean The Oven.
What are your preferred methods/products/magic tips to make me look like Queen of Cleaning?
It isn't disgustingly filthy, just generally grimy.

wobblywonderwoman Thu 12-Jan-17 17:10:21

If mine isn't too bad - I clean it regularly so normally isn't - I soak the trays in the bath with either dissolved dishwasher tablets or washing powder (you could do this tonight)

I use brillo pads on them and also the glass and lightly on the hob. They turn out great

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Thu 12-Jan-17 17:11:32

What should I use on the back/sides? Some of the oven cleaners seem a br toxic, given the very clear instructions of not to inhale or touch them!

user1483722488 Thu 12-Jan-17 17:39:12

I use this oven cleaner with a pair of gloves and a scrubber. My oven always looks super clean after:-)

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Thu 12-Jan-17 17:43:51

I've got a tub of this; thanks. I will try it!

dollyollymolly Fri 13-Jan-17 18:05:10

I have a self cleaning oven.

For the racks and side bits I use Oven Pride. Stick them all in the bag, pour in the liquid, leave for however long they say, drain and rinse. Come out sparking every time!

margaritasbythesea Fri 13-Jan-17 18:10:29

Can you use a Brillo pad on an oven and not scratch it. I am totally useless at cleaning ovens.

JustinHasMovedOut Sat 14-Jan-17 22:02:31

www.ovenpride.com

I love this! Make sure to use rubber gloves though very painful if it gets on the skin.

Kingofthestupids Sat 14-Jan-17 22:07:55

Did my oven today with Oven Pride. The results were amazing, but I did manage to burn my arm on the stuff.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 14-Jan-17 22:34:32

Pay someone else to do it.

<helpful>

healthyheart Sat 14-Jan-17 22:37:11

There's a thread somewhere - best tip was dishwasher tablet soaked in hot water, wipe over the inside of the door and wipe with one of those eraser pads hey presto comes up gleaming with little effort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now