Talk

Advanced search

Does it matter which ironing board?

(5 Posts)
CrotchetQuaverMinim Thu 12-Jan-17 15:51:53

I'm in the process of buying everything I need for a flat, and working out what I want to make sure I buy of decent quality, and what I can just go to Wilko or whatever for.

So ironing boards, where do they fit in that? Does it actually make a difference which one I get? If it helps, it is just me in the flat, and I don't iron loads, but I don't want to waste money on something that needs replacing soon, or that doesn't work well enough that I am even less inclined. But no point spending money needlessly either as there's a lot else to buy too. I have bought an iron in the sales.

Loads of different sizes and quality available, from about £12 to £90 or more! What shall I get?

OzzieFem Thu 12-Jan-17 17:02:51

One that is stable while ironing, some cheap ones rock. Also make sure it will expand to a comfortable height so you don't do any unnecessary bending. God, I hate ironing.

NapQueen Thu 12-Jan-17 17:05:13

Get a tall one! Preferably ex hotel or similar style. I'm only 5'2 with a big standard Wilkos ironing board and get the worst back ache leaning over it.

My mums is an industrial one that comes up past my belly button if not higher and is great to use.

Mehfruittea Thu 12-Jan-17 17:12:53

Pretty sure I bought a really cheap one when I bought my first flat. I still have it 15 years later, although bought a new cover for it every year as it gets skanky. Spend more on a decent iron!

CrotchetQuaverMinim Thu 12-Jan-17 17:30:56

Not sure how you tell stability until you get it! But I will check the height out. I'm about 5'5, so not too tall, but get backache easily, so a decent height is useful.

Not a lot of storage space though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now