Talk

Advanced search

does anyone know anything about integrated dishwashers?

(6 Posts)
Cappuccino Thu 22-Feb-07 15:02:03

I am going spare trying to order a new one

the man at Boots Appliances has given me the width but says they are 'not all standard sizes'

the old one is apparently 579 mm but the new one is 598mm and needs a 600mm space

but I have squiggled around on the floor with my tape measure but I can't get it accurate to 2 mm no matter how I try; there's no way

I'm getting 598cm

it's making me very cross

surely they fit into standard housings? if you buy one model does that mean you have to keep replacing it with one exactly the same size? does anyone know? who can I ask (the sodding builder I bought it from had gone out of sodding business and I am not buying one from the same people as their first sodding dishwasher has died after 13 sodding months

heeeeeellllllppppppp

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 15:08:11

600mm is the standard width for a kitchen cabinet
just about every integrated applianace goes into a 600mm carcass
I bet the space you have is 600mm really

amidaiwish Thu 22-Feb-07 15:49:22

MrsB is right. live dangerously and just order it!

Cappuccino Thu 22-Feb-07 16:39:01

ooh thanks - am feeling very dangerous

grrr

fizzylemonade Sat 24-Feb-07 10:05:22

Integrated single ovens and fridge freezers all going into specific housing (carcass)

BUT dishwashers don't as double ovens dont as they are freestanding!!! I am the queen of integrated appliance (2nd kitchen being fitted now!)

It can be that they pad out the sides etc with pieces of wood so the best thing to do is take out the appliance -especially if it isn't working so you can see what you are dealing with. Best of luck.

Furball Sat 24-Feb-07 10:08:45

my integrated dishwashers housing can also be used for an oven.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now