Talk

Advanced search

Moth repellent for stored clothes

(4 Posts)
ChristmasSeacow Mon 09-Jan-17 14:35:15

I need to put some clothes into storage for over a year (nice work clothes - am pregnant and won't need for a while). I have had trouble with moths in the past so want to store things well and minimise the chance that they will get eaten. I thought I'd have the best chance if I made sure everything was clean and then put away in vacuum storage bags with moth repellent.

Can anyone recommend anything that is good for repelling moths but doesn't smell terrible for months afterwards?

Thanks

NannyR Mon 09-Jan-17 14:38:45

I would think that the vacuum storage bags should be ok on their own. They are sealed so moths can't get in and there is no oxygen inside so any that were in before you sealed it wouldn't survive.

previously1474907171 Sat 14-Jan-17 00:45:53

I buy zip lock/grip seal bags on Ebay, all my clothes are washed, and packed into one of those, then into a plastic box with lavender bags. It also keeps carpet beetle 'woolly bears' out. I have the bags in 3 sizes, also useful for spare linens.Easy to store them under a bed or in a wardrobe.

Coats (and spare duvets) I put in clear or white bin liners, tape the ends down and then into a second bag as they aren't always strong enough, then into a box.

Newtssuitcase Sat 14-Jan-17 08:07:21

Ive literally just had a pack of moth balls arrive in the post this morning after discovering some cashmere with holes in it angry. They stink though even though the packaging and so I'm imagining they will make my wardrobe smell really strongly of chemicals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now