Talk

Advanced search

smelly washing machine - help!

(11 Posts)
allnightlong2 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:55:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PaulaBBB Sat 07-Jan-17 17:56:12

Clean it quite a few times at 90, try with white distilled vinegar too. Check the filters and pipes are clear

NotAMammy Sat 07-Jan-17 18:12:42

I'm guessing it's a front loader?
Find, open, clear out and clean the filter. On mine it's on the bottom right of the front. It'll probably spew out a load of water so be prepared.
Clean all the rubber sealings around the door.
Pull out the drawer for putting in the detergent, if possible. Clean it all down, and clean the inside of it.
Boil wash with vinegar after you put it all back together. I also soak a rag in snowdrops or similar (I might try it with zoflora in the future) and do a boil wash with only this in. I haven't seen this recommended anywhere though so it might not be a good thing, but I figure it will clean the drum and inner bits.

dessertstorm Sat 07-Jan-17 18:40:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NotAMammy Sat 07-Jan-17 21:40:49

Wait, what happened there?

bloodymaria Sat 07-Jan-17 21:42:12

What's going on?

I was going to say chuck a dishwasher tab in it but it looks like something nefarious has happened here hmm

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 07-Jan-17 21:42:30

how smelly was this machine? <holds nose>

PaulaBBB Sat 07-Jan-17 21:56:41

Wtf?

pklme Sat 07-Jan-17 22:18:34

Lots of problems posted seem to be clever advertising/spam. The rice cooker one, cleaning carndean flooring one, cleaning a dirty griddle one...

pklme Sat 07-Jan-17 22:19:23

Dishwasher tablet? Does that work?

NotAPuffin Mon 09-Jan-17 14:04:20

In case anyone is actually looking for tips, I've had two different machines that got smelly if overloaded for a few runs. I just needed to do smaller loads and it resolved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now