Advanced search

What are those things called that pick up bits off your carpet - not a hoover...

(17 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Wed 21-Feb-07 20:42:24

you know, your granny has/ had one.

Anyone any ideas where i can get one?

totaleclipse Wed 21-Feb-07 20:42:57

carpet sweepers

NurseyJo Wed 21-Feb-07 20:43:04

Message withdrawn

shosha Wed 21-Feb-07 20:44:46

Message withdrawn

LoveMyGirls Wed 21-Feb-07 20:44:54

Ahhh thank you very much

CaliforniDave Wed 21-Feb-07 20:45:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

oliveoil Wed 21-Feb-07 20:45:35


BettySpaghetti Wed 21-Feb-07 20:45:48

My Gran used to call hers a Ewbank (spelling?) but I presume that was a brand?

Swizzler Wed 21-Feb-07 20:46:21

Apparently you can get electric carpet sweepers. Me, I'd call that a hoover.

shosha Wed 21-Feb-07 20:46:44

Message withdrawn

purplemonkeydavewasher Wed 21-Feb-07 20:47:05

a dog?

Saturn74 Wed 21-Feb-07 20:47:09

Ah, Betty beat me to the Ewbank!

BettySpaghetti Wed 21-Feb-07 20:53:29

I'm glad someone else remembers it being called that HC -for a moment I thought it was a name invented by my slightly mad Scottish Granny

LadyHeatherMillsMcCartney Wed 21-Feb-07 21:07:39

A servant.

JanH Wed 21-Feb-07 21:48:45

Just don't go looking for a Eubank cos you wouldn't want him picking up your fluff.

bandstand Wed 21-Feb-07 21:50:14

they are quite expensive,

Whizzz Wed 21-Feb-07 21:50:16

LadyHeatherMillsMcCartney LOL

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: