Talk

Advanced search

Who can recommend a good removals company SE London?

(11 Posts)
HoneyandAlmonds Fri 06-Jan-17 23:04:03

We're moving in a couple of months from SE London to Newcastle-upon-Tyne and were hoping to get some recommendations of any packing and removals companies that you can recommend. Many thanks in advance, you lovely Mumsnetters x

adrianabelshaw Sat 07-Jan-17 11:39:24

I moved to Enfield 2 months ago, and this is the company I used. They were really nice, booked me in and the next day they came home to help me pack. They cover all London. smile

HoneyandAlmonds Sat 07-Jan-17 22:03:23

Thanks adriananabelshaw.

Bump.

Fifinella Sat 07-Jan-17 22:21:36

We used Roberts & Denny's a year or so ago, we were only moving a few miles but they were great and very accommodating (and understanding of our toddler and 3 month old).

Fifinella Sat 07-Jan-17 22:23:44

(We used them for packing and moving but not unpacking)

YetAnotherElsa Sat 07-Jan-17 22:24:44

We used James Removals when we moved in Beckenham/Sydenham area. They were great but quite expensive. If you're moving long distance try a company from Newcastle as well. A lot of removal firms will do regular trips to or from London.

HoneyandAlmonds Sun 08-Jan-17 10:02:25

Thanks, All x Will check the suggestions out.

Did they just give you a quote on the phone/email or did you get them to pop over?

SpotTheDuck Sun 08-Jan-17 10:08:13

I know a few people who've had bad experiences with james removals, especially their packing and unpacking service (boxes left behind, boxes not unpacked, boxes unpacked into the wrong rooms) so wouldn't recommend them. You'll almost certainly get better prices from a Newcastle company!

HoneyandAlmonds Sun 08-Jan-17 10:32:18

YetAnotherElsa and SpotTheDuck - thanks for the tip - maybe Newcastle firms may be a bit cheaper. I'll see what the prices are like in London first and then get a couple of comparisons from Newcastle.

I did ring a Newcastle firm before Christmas and got a quote of £1900 to shift my two bed flat - without packing. It seemed a little steep but maybe I picked an expensive one?

Cromwell1536 Sun 08-Jan-17 18:42:05

We used Smith & Sons moving within SE London, but I assume they'd do intercity. Their packing was fast and brilliant, they were timely. The only thing I got irritated with was one of the guys who plainly was hungover/suffering from a stomach bug and did a smelly shit in the house we were vacating. And then wanted to use the privy in the new house. I told him no!

HoneyandAlmonds Sun 08-Jan-17 22:04:30

Poor you - Smith & Sons noted, Cromwell1536 and will be on look-out for rogue removal guy if we go with them smile...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now