Talk

Advanced search

Karndean flooring has turned blue!

(4 Posts)
Suzysan Fri 06-Jan-17 18:00:14

Has anyone had a problem with their Karndean flooring turning blue when exposed to sunlight?
This has happened to me in my kitchen and my bathroom and to a colleague at work in her sunroom.
The Karndean 'inspector' says it's due to damp-so why don't they tell you it's not suitable for bathrooms?! The damp is measured on the testing equipment the inspector brings-not sure which British Standard this is compliant with.
A fitter (unrelated to my flooring) told me this is not uncommon and Karndean always tell you it's a reaction in one of the layers in the flooring due to sun on damp (the damp being somewhat subjective)
Any useful advice?

Rhumba Sat 07-Jan-17 15:33:07

Mine Faded to nearly white. Karndean agreed it shouldn't have happened and are replacng. i would argue. obviously a bathroom is goign to be damp!

lljkk Sat 07-Jan-17 15:47:56

picture?

AnitaPallenbergsKnees Sat 07-Jan-17 15:50:48

I know it has a huge following on mums net but you are one of several people I know who have had problems with the damp issue.
Why aren't they more upfront about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now