Talk

Advanced search

How do I get black mould permanently off shower

(11 Posts)
acresgreen Fri 06-Jan-17 14:45:30

But without toxically poisoning baby and toddler? Or is going for strong nasty product the only way back from the nasty black shower mould stuff?

colouringinagain Fri 06-Jan-17 14:46:14

I'd like to know too!

PovertyJetset Fri 06-Jan-17 14:47:29

Watching with interest!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 06-Jan-17 14:48:08

There's a paste you can make. I think it's bicarb and something.

meg54 Fri 06-Jan-17 14:48:28

Where is the mould?
In tile grout or around the shower tray?

rockthemic Fri 06-Jan-17 15:21:51

HG mould spray is the stuff you need this will get rid of the black mould permanently.

frenchfancy Fri 06-Jan-17 15:25:53

If it is round the bottom edges then you need lots of cotton wool and bleach. Soak strips of cotton wool in bleach then lay them around the edges of the shower. Leave for 24 hours then take the cotton wool off and rinse.

Don't use cotton wool balls, you need to be able to tear the cotton wool into strips.

exexpat Fri 06-Jan-17 15:26:01

HG Mould Spray really does work brilliantly - you just spray it and leave it to work, no scrubbing or anything.

There is quite a strong chlorine smell (though no stronger than being near a public swimming pool) while it is working, so I would spray it, leave the door closed for a few hours then come back and rinse down to get rid of the smell/any residue.

specialsubject Fri 06-Jan-17 15:29:08

as long as you don't spray these bleach products on to the baby and toddler, they will be fine. Use as directed above and keep the kids out of the way.

JustGettingStarted Fri 06-Jan-17 15:37:26

Bleach is fine. Keep door shut and open the window and even the fumes won't be a problem. After its rinsed away, the traces of chemicals will neutralise.

Rafflesway Sat 07-Jan-17 11:54:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now