Talk

Advanced search

Moths!! Arghhhh

(7 Posts)
Carrotpuree Wed 04-Jan-17 10:29:51

I can't believe it - we have moths blush. Monster toothed brutes that have nibbled a Monsoon wool dress and a Jojo pair of leggings (expensive taste this lot). I pulled a jumper out of the bottom of laundry basket #2 and out flew 2. I have hung up some moth deterrents (lavender) in the wardrobe & linen closet from Tesco's but they stink. What are the alternatives? What can I put in the laundry baskets?

Newtssuitcase Wed 04-Jan-17 10:30:55

Me too. Took out my expensive cashmere PJs at Christmas and they have holes in them. Very cross so jumping in in case people have good solutions.

EstelleRoberts Wed 04-Jan-17 10:34:19

Watching, as thought ours had gone when we had our wardrobes painted. All clear for months, then I saw one yesterday....... agh!

EsmesBees Wed 04-Jan-17 10:38:25

Also watching. Have a massive moth problem here and very little time to sort it out.

JasperPotato Wed 04-Jan-17 10:38:35

If it's carpet moths (the small, wheat-coloured ones that enjoy eating your woollens and other natural fibres) then they won't be seen for a few months until the weather warms up.

We 'bombed' our flat with aerosols that we got on Amazon and went away for the weekend. This was last July and we haven't spotted one since, although I wouldn't classify ours as an infestation, just a small problem. It's worth noting that it's the larvae that do the munching, you can see thin, web-like strands where they have been. They're bastards to manage. Good luck.

roseteapot101 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:02:40

i remember a few years ago picking up my dads cashmere sweater out of his closet ,it disintegrated in my hands shock

i hate moths

viques Wed 04-Jan-17 11:10:01

Sympathys. I use those sticky moth traps, obviously they only catch the adult moths not the munching larvae, but I am hoping that by catching the adults I will eventually kill off the population. I also put moth balls (off eBay because the ones you buy in the shop are useless) in my jumper cupboard, but they do stink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now