Talk

Advanced search

Would you service dyson dc11 or replace?

(9 Posts)
BrightRedSpinner Tue 03-Jan-17 18:40:56

I have a dyson dc11 that's been out of use for ages because I didn't realise they could be serviced. Have been using a dc04 which has now pretty much died so I need a working vacuum. Read about dyson servicing but they don't support the dc04 anymore, however do seem to support the dc11.
It didn't have the best suction when it worked and I was quite unimpressed with it overall, however money is an issue.

It costs £90 for a full service from Dyson, or I could save up and spend £200 odd on a new cleaner (not necessarily Dyson). Should I take the risk on servicing it and hope it actually saves me money?

Servicing would be quicker because I can save the money quicker. WWYD?

Heratnumber7 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:53:43

You can buy a new vacuum for less than £200.

BrightRedSpinner Tue 03-Jan-17 18:56:27

Can you recommend a good one? I don't want to buy a cheap one that either doesn't work very well or only lasts a year or so.

BrightRedSpinner Tue 03-Jan-17 20:46:36

Oh, I know it's boring but I'm bumping in hopes someone can advise me...?!?

Heratnumber7 Tue 03-Jan-17 23:11:08

Ill check what ours is in the morning. I'm in bed now

Babytalkobsession Tue 03-Jan-17 23:14:23

I bought a vax 9 months ago that I'm very happy with. £100 and with a 5 year guarantee. It has a super long cord so I plug in in the hall and do the whole house!

LizzieMacQueen Tue 03-Jan-17 23:16:47

I'm about to book a Dyson service because I think they'll leave it as good as new (and when it was new it was very good) rather than buy another one. I really don't care to add to landfill for something that isn't actually broken.

Though I'm preparing myself for them telling me the filters haven't been washed as often as they should.

BrightRedSpinner Tue 03-Jan-17 23:34:25

Thanks herat

baby is the vax good on both hard floors and carpet? Also is it an upright or pull along one? The dc11 is a pull along which is an advantage since I can put it in a cupboard which I can't for the upright

lizzie yes I feel that way about landfill. I was all set on the servicing option but then read about loss of suction being a common problem with the dc11 and got indecisive about it. What model do you have?

Argh, I just want a hoover that works properly. The brush on the upright has gone so I have to do the whole place with the bloody crevice tool - it's such a nightmare. What should take 15mins takes more like an hour. Grr.

Babytalkobsession Wed 04-Jan-17 15:38:55

OP it's an upright. The handle is retractable so might fit. I find it great on both, seems to me as good as a dyson but a lot cheaper. And the guarantee gives piece of mind.

I do feel the same about landfill though...tricky!

Whatever you do don't buy a cordless dyson as your main / only Hoover. Expensive mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now