Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

And today's achievement is....

(18 Posts)
haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 15:57:51

I decluttered our toiletries Kondo-style. A bin-bag of stuff went. There is only so long you need spare glasses from1990 and only so much First Defence is required for one family...
I am totally convinced by the "clean by category not location" philosophy.

Dh is not quite with the programme yet so there were some very unsatisfying compromises.

I must say I feel ugh more hopeful about improving my tidying skills since reading the "life changing magic" book.

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 15:59:09

Story, meant tidy by category....

Any other achievements above and beyond the ordinary?

MrsJayy Mon 02-Jan-17 16:01:31

A tonn of paperwork and envelopes magazines have been recycled no piles now it really is lovely having kitchen work tops clear

Musicaltheatremum Mon 02-Jan-17 16:03:21

I've stripped my bed and my daughter's and washed some sheets. Now not looking forward to making my bed again. Oh and I sorted a draw and thought about doing other tasks but am now on mumsnet. In Scotland so not back to work until Wednesday.

Autumnchill Mon 02-Jan-17 16:05:17

The Monica Cupboard!

Decided to clear it out as its rammed full and you can hardly get in it so currently on my third bin bag, filled a charity bag of clothes and done household bill filing.

Just stopped for food and then it's going through all the Sainsbury / Good Food / Ideal Home magazines and seeing if there is anything interesting in them and then they'll be binned.

Final job, put the remaining items back in the cupboard! Front room looks like a bomb has hit it grin

AddictedtoLovely Mon 02-Jan-17 16:08:14

I got out of bed, then got back in it.

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 16:09:36

What's a Monica cupboard? Is it from Friends?

Autumnchill Mon 02-Jan-17 16:11:12

Yes! She has OCD but Chandler finds a cupboard that is rammed full and completely disorganised and not what you would expect of Monica smile

jimijack Mon 02-Jan-17 16:11:39

Lol at Monica cupboard, love that!!!!

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 16:12:43

smile

PigeonPie Mon 02-Jan-17 16:13:18

Vacuuming bathrooms which DH didn't 'realise' needed doing before Christmas when I asked him to vacuum upstairs (how can you vacuum all the bedrooms and the landing but not do the bathrooms?). I also cleaned them properly too.

I've done six loads of washing (will do the ironing this evening) and the final load is in the dryer now so will fold that once it's stopped, then the DSs can put it all away.

We sat and wrote a list of all the things we want to do, particularly with the this year, at lunchtime so we've got a plan of campaign!

Also dif the weekly food shop today so am all ready for hitting work tomorrow.

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 16:13:52

I have the reverse....generally my surroundings are a tip but woe betide anyone who moves the books out of alphabetical order...

Slowdownsally Mon 02-Jan-17 16:15:08

Xmas decs down, lounge re-ordered and a bit of a sweep through. I have plans to attack DS' clothes this week and intrigued by the Kondo approach. Would be fun to try for clothes.

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 16:15:22

Lol at dh and bathroom.

I am v bad at tidying so ALLmy tidying has to be with a long term goal of reduction IYSWIM.

Antsinpants Mon 02-Jan-17 16:20:55

Kitchen and living room cleaned and rebuilt post-Christmas, two meals cooked for the coming week, just one load of washing left to do then I need to start a CV that I've been putting off by doing household chores

Mamatallica Mon 02-Jan-17 16:57:54

I need to get rid of so much stuff, it's scary and I don't know where to start. It makes me feel sick to get rid of things "I might need one day" as we don't have money to easily replace stuff but we have no space to keep it either. I wish I could afford a storage unit!

haveyourselfamerry Mon 02-Jan-17 17:06:35

You may find the Kondo book helps with this.
Start with things that are really unsentimental (though I manage to get sentimental about both socks and DH's old glasses which is ridiculous).

PigeonPie Tue 03-Jan-17 10:38:23

Today I really have to get on with some work (got up at 6 to start!). However I've just had a break and cleaned the kitchen window and sill which had been revolting for a while. It didn't take too long, by my what a difference it makes to be able to see through it clearly.

I've also descaled the stainless drainer and so that looks better too.

Well done to those of you who've excavated your mug cupboards!

Better get back to work now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now