Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else doing the January Cure?

(33 Posts)
NewYearNewNickname Mon 02-Jan-17 15:26:22

I did it two years ago and stuck to the whole thing. I loved that I could still see the benefits months later in lots of areas so I'm giving it a go again this year. It starts today with a daily email from Apartment Therapy with a task to complete.

NewYearNewNickname Mon 02-Jan-17 22:11:12

Well I have totally decluttering and reordered one of my drawers and so day 1 done successfully grin

ireneadler101 Tue 03-Jan-17 09:45:13

Yep I'm doing it too!

Bauble16 Tue 03-Jan-17 09:55:59

Off to Google what it is! Intrigued

ireneadler101 Tue 03-Jan-17 10:29:23

Quick link here for those who've not done it before:

www.apartmenttherapy.com/make-a-fresh-start-in-2017-join-the-january-cure-for-your-best-year-yet-239869

TheBitterBoy Tue 03-Jan-17 14:55:16

What kind of tasks are there? I'm intrigued to take part, but am wary of committing to something when some days of the week I don't have a lot of time. Don't want to set myself up to fail!

ireneadler101 Tue 03-Jan-17 16:36:10

Yesterdays was reorganising one drawer, todays is making a list of all of the snagging things that you need to get done in the house. Not too time consuming - although last year I still only managed a few of them - but I reckon a few is better than none :-)

TheBitterBoy Tue 03-Jan-17 17:28:40

Thanks, I reckon I can manage some of that. Will sign up I think.

NewYearNewNickname Tue 03-Jan-17 17:53:43

Ooh have, lovely to see I am not the only one! I actually started a bit of a list the other day but didn't get down to the highlighting a few things for each space so can set to that this eve smile

NewYearNewNickname Tue 03-Jan-17 17:54:32

No idea where that rogue 'have' came from at the beginning of the last post!!

ElasticFirecracker Wed 04-Jan-17 11:43:36

I have just signed up for it, not sure how much I will manage, but sure anything will help.

redshoeblueshoe Wed 04-Jan-17 11:57:12

I signed up yesterday after reading this thread. I'm just about to do the drawer, then I'll potter around making the list. I'm full of a stinking cold, but as the pace is relaxed it should be ok.

Scarftown Wed 04-Jan-17 13:13:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saltydogandme Wed 04-Jan-17 13:37:03

IronMaggie Wed 04-Jan-17 14:18:26

I'm lurking by the way. I've signed up for the emails but not wanting to commit in case I fail miserably. Too much on with work already, and I have about 5 drawers that could do with a good clear-out!

Would love to see how you all get on though, it just might inspire me!

TheBitterBoy Wed 04-Jan-17 15:14:15

I am going to start in the morning, as I have had work the last two days. Although I might have a crack at a kitchen cupboard this evening.

garlicandsapphire Wed 04-Jan-17 15:32:16

I've not heard of the January cure before but subconsciously on it! Booked builders to come in soon, buying a new bed and mattress, have the pest controllers coming in on Friday to de-moth and have done a massive de-clutter in living rooms and bedrooms. Feels good. I'm on a mission.

NewYearNewNickname Wed 04-Jan-17 17:47:36

Iron you only need to do 1 drawer, if we stick to the manageable steps we're less likely to feel like we are failing and give up!!

Off to read today's email.....

IronMaggie Wed 04-Jan-17 18:32:41

Ok, promise I'll do it tonight, I need to catch up. Thanks NewYear! Anyone planning on posting their before/after pics or to-do lists?

saltydogandme Wed 04-Jan-17 18:59:48

TheBitterBoy Wed 04-Jan-17 22:36:50

Okay, so I did my drawer this evening. Most of my drawers are pretty sorted after some Kondo ing last year, so I went through our bits and pieces drawer in the utility room. Only took ten minutes, managed to find better homes for some stuff, binned a bit and sorted the rest. Snagging list is for tomorrow as I have time while DS is at school.

IronMaggie Wed 04-Jan-17 23:27:02

Drawer done! It actually didn't take that long, I don't know why I'd put it off for so many months (years). I have a LOT of gym kit - got rid of a few stretched, shrunken or stained t-shirts, but the rest is neatly Kondo'd into leggings / shorts / long-sleeves / short-sleeves / vest tops / jumpers.

I always have a mental to-do list of things to sort around the house, so I'm looking forward to getting it all down on paper tomorrow. I feel like I need a clipboard!

redshoeblueshoe Thu 05-Jan-17 18:19:37

OK it might just be me but wasn't today's a bit crap grin
I don't need to move something to a special place so I can mentally break free from it, I can be really bold and just take it straight to the charity shop !

NewYearNewNickname Thu 05-Jan-17 21:20:36

I know what you mean Red but as it's my birthday today not having to do any cleaning but still feeling like I was keeping up was a bonus grin

I feel they may up the ante at the weekend....

redshoeblueshoe Thu 05-Jan-17 21:35:53

Happy Birthday wine I guess that's a good reason for a day off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now