Talk

Advanced search

Hovers - cordless dysons or cordless vax

(9 Posts)
Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 09:22:24

I did check before I posted the question but can't seem to find any reviews specifically on the cordless slimvac, currently £99.99 at Currys. I went in thinking I'd get a Dyson v6 animal (or is the £249 version better- v6 total clean).
Mostly need for ease and lightness... Have ankther Dyson which is so bloody heavy I hardly use it -- and I hate cleaning--

Happy new year everyone

eatsleepfeedrepeat Mon 02-Jan-17 10:13:05

Ooh placemarking as I'd like to know too... Very nearly bought a cordless Vax from John Lewis as around £100 cheaper than the dyson, but some reviews complained about poor suction so thinking I should just stump up the extra for the dyson.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 10:22:23

Yep I'm not sure either - know everyone raves about Dyson but 150 cheaper, and it's very similar in design so if it's good it suits my needs (stairs, car, light etc) . Can't see any review on here of that particular vax - hopefully someone will come along

llangennith Mon 02-Jan-17 10:31:26

After reading reviews on MN a while ago I bought the Dyson V6. If you Google it you'll probably find you can get it for less than £200. I also have a normal Dyson. The V6 is great: very light and easy to use, powerful enough to pick up dog hair, and I use it daily. Every two weeks (or longerconfused) I give the house a good vacuum with the big Dyson and it does pick up a lot more dust.
If I could've justified it I'd have bought the V8 but as this was an additional hoover I got the V6. Well worth it.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 10:33:59

Which v6 llangellith? I think the original us cheaper than 200, but the animal and total are 199-249 and that seems the cheapest I can see. 100 for the vax is tempting because of price difference ... But have no idea if false economy or not.

lbanks Mon 02-Jan-17 14:39:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Mon 02-Jan-17 22:19:23

Anyone?

ozzy5 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:38:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Toohardtofindaproperusername Tue 03-Jan-17 17:12:18

Thanks ozzy- think I'm veering towards the Dyson as no reviews of the vax that tempt me particularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now