Talk

Advanced search

Just cleaned my bathroom tiles for the first time in ages...

(4 Posts)
FritzyMousey Sun 01-Jan-17 10:16:59

In my defence they looked fine, we have matte tiles so no water marks, I do regularly clean the tiles around bath and sink, but the whole room is tiled, rarely do the ones up to the ceiling. Anyway, noticed some mould starting to come through on the grout so had a go with the steam cleaner...talk about make the situation worse! I had black soot running down the walls turning the grout black! Had to scrub the whole lot, then steam, them do the grout with a toothbrush! So I have concluded no more burning candles in the bathroomshock Has anyone else ever noticed this problem? I do burn candles most days, now I'm worried about the carcinogens.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:12:09

I don't burn candles but do have a mouldy bathroom. Ventilation is the key I think. HG grout cleaner is amazing and really gets the grout clean

FritzyMousey Sun 01-Jan-17 14:32:56

I've used that HG stuff before, must get some more, there wasn't too much mould though and it's gone now after I made it worse with the soot!

lbanks Mon 02-Jan-17 14:54:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now