Talk

Advanced search

How to find a good cleaner?

(10 Posts)
msrisotto Sat 31-Dec-16 09:41:53

I don't like agencies because they pay the cleaners less and don't really deserve their fee IMO but they seem to saturate yellow pages and the like. My neighbours don't use cleaners so that's a dead end. Any ideas?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 31-Dec-16 11:08:18

Have yiu tried asking on MN local?

Ilovecaindingle Sat 31-Dec-16 11:11:37

I am a cleaner!! I have an ad on care.com where cleaners have profiles so you can have a browse before offering an interview!! Place an ad!!

Violetcharlotte Sat 31-Dec-16 11:13:41

Cleaners sometimes advertise on local FB selling pages or put ads in shop windows. Have to say though, after 3 attempts at using a non agency cleaner, I've now switched to agency. I found with non agency I was constantly finding the cleaner couldn't make it cos of childcare issues (v annoying the week before Xmas!!) Of I have any issues I can speak to the agency, rather than having an awkward conversation with the cleaner. Also I can pay the invoice monthly by bank transfer, rather than having to remember to have cash ready each week.

msrisotto Sat 31-Dec-16 18:07:34

Thanks for the tips, i've never come across that care website before so am just having a browse now.

The agencies i've used didn't really resolve those issues Violetcharlotte - they'd just cancel that week! What was the point of them!

msrisotto Sat 31-Dec-16 18:09:47

Aah, I see you have to pay to contact people, that's a pain.

Ilovecaindingle Sun 01-Jan-17 17:39:51

If the advertisers use the free option you should be able to contact those ones for free. They sort of bully you to upgrade to get a better service but I am on the free bit and had jobs off there replying for free. Hope this makes sense!!

msrisotto Sun 01-Jan-17 17:49:28

Sort of...So I have had 3 messages from potentials but if I press contact now it redirects me to subscription fees. If they selected the free option, would there be a different option or something?

Ilovecaindingle Sun 01-Jan-17 18:55:17

Try and alter your ad to include a phone number - sometimes it accepts the change!

msrisotto Sun 01-Jan-17 20:31:20

Aah gotcha. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now