Talk

Advanced search

Vax steam mop

(5 Posts)
anahata Fri 30-Dec-16 14:53:56

Hi

There's various other threads of mine floating around explaining that my house has fallen by the wayside whilst dealing with illness. Consequently, it feels horrible.

I have a Vax steam mop and bag of attachments that have so far been unused, plus appropriate mop pads and detergent. What else can you use it on other than tiled or wooden floors? Will it get marks out of carpets? I saw someone on here say about cleaning an oven with it. Anyone else?

LIZS Fri 30-Dec-16 14:57:38

Toilets, bathroom, windows, shower screen, oven ( although you may need to scrape as well)

Linus33 Fri 30-Dec-16 19:28:11

I don't know if yours is also a separate hand-held too but with mine, I use it on fabric chairs and sofas to 'lift' the fabric. It will also do this on carpet and although won't clean carpet you can use it refresh. I use it in the bathroom, it's great on glass, chrome, tiles and with some amount of elbow grease it can be pretty good on grout (I don't think I've enough power in the elbow to get a great result here though).

Personally I've never had a great result using it in the oven but I think others have (they probably have cleaner ovens to begin with blush).

Other than that, great on floors (I use on laminate and wood), windows, stainless steel and everything else I've said before. One other tip is to follow with a polishing cloth for a great shine.

Instanthit Fri 30-Dec-16 20:32:47

With the hand held bit I steam ingrained stains off my kitchen work tops - they look like new again (they're laminate type tops.) My Dad's kitchen was a biohazard until the trusty handheld bit steamed pretty much everything - especially grotty fridge including the shelves, baskets and (bleugh) the mouldy seals! It lifts most (not all) of the black mouldy stains off bathroom silicone too.

anahata Sat 31-Dec-16 00:30:43

Brilliant, thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now