Talk

Advanced search

Puke smells in carpet

(8 Posts)
wizzywig Fri 30-Dec-16 14:07:19

My carpets stink after my youngest decided to heave his guts in as many rooms as is possible. The stains have gone, but the smell is hanging around. What can i use to get rid of the smell? thanks

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 30-Dec-16 16:32:03

Bio washing powder. Mix with warm water & swill it to create a foam. Apply the foam only to the smelly areas, work in then blot out & repeat as necessary. You'll hear it fizzing as it 'eats' the odours. I've got cream carpets & have never had an issue with it changing the colour but do check on a hidden area first.

SloanyAnne Fri 30-Dec-16 16:33:51

Bicarbonate of Soda. A whole tub or more on dry carpet. Leave it a long time of possible. Hoover.

rabbit123 Fri 30-Dec-16 16:41:47

Another vote for bicarb. Sprinkle, leave it overnight and then vacuum it up

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 30-Dec-16 16:44:41

I can never use bicarb the baby or the dog would try to eat it blush

Ohyesiam Fri 30-Dec-16 16:46:54

Bicarb really works.

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 16:47:48

Yup loads of bicarbonate of soda. Really thick layer and rub/press it in. Leave overnight then Hoover up. Repeat if necessary. Had a DC with terrible reflux so am a puke removing ninja now.

Hidingtonothing Fri 30-Dec-16 16:53:09

I used bio washing powder but sprinkled on dry like you would bicarb, left for as long as you can manage then hoovered off, worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now