Talk

Advanced search

Duvets

(13 Posts)
Methenyouplus4 Fri 30-Dec-16 07:02:19

What is the best 'filling'? I would have thought natural but my mother thinks they loose their shape easily.

DodoRevival Fri 30-Dec-16 07:16:02

They used to, that's certainly right but I think (don't have know so don't know) the filling is in pockets these days so doesn't all end up at the bottom.

This s presuming you mean feathers by natural of course! I don't like feather filling personally.

DodoRevival Fri 30-Dec-16 07:16:46

Don't have now so don't know

pklme Fri 30-Dec-16 07:22:35

I'm longing for wool. They are supposed to be great- more temp responsive, allergy resistant etc.

pklme Fri 30-Dec-16 07:22:50

I'm longing for wool. They are supposed to be great- more temp responsive, allergy resistant etc.

Methenyouplus4 Fri 30-Dec-16 07:27:06

Yes, I meant feather. What is a good alternative filing?

Fairylea Fri 30-Dec-16 07:42:05

I've had everything from supercheap Tesco ones to top range feather ones. Feather ones are awful in my opinion. Heavy and end up all bumpy looking, I like a smooth finish to my made up bed! The best duvet for me is a good quality hollow fibre one. I particularly like the one I have at the moment from Silentnight.

BroomstickOfLove Fri 30-Dec-16 07:49:11

I want a wool duvet. They are less floaty and light than feather/microfibre etc ones but are supposed to be very comfortable, hygienic and the best for keeping you at the right temperature.

Methenyouplus4 Fri 30-Dec-16 08:30:56

Thank you, was looking it a silentry night one actually.

treaclesoda Fri 30-Dec-16 08:33:04

I have tried all sorts and wool is by far and away my favourite.

80sWaistcoat Fri 30-Dec-16 08:34:43

Wool here too. Great if you are menopausal! Very good for regulating temperature and not being heavy or bumpy.

thecapitalsunited Fri 30-Dec-16 08:37:03

I have a wool duvet and it's perfect for both cool bed loving me and DH who likes to be as warm as possible. It just seems to adapt to the right temperature for everyone.

spaceodyssey Fri 30-Dec-16 13:45:44

I use this filling for my pillows and it's lovely:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now