Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for cleaning the bathroom murky bits?

(6 Posts)
DorcasthePuffin Thu 29-Dec-16 13:14:54

I keep my bathroom reasonably clean, but the 'murky bits' (behind the toilet U bend and pipework) is getting truly grotty. I shouldn't have let it get this bad, but I know why I did (arthritis making it difficult to kneel/squat for a good scrub behind the toilet, and fear of lurking spiders in dark corners). But arthritis or not, it must be cleaned.

Has anyone got any advice on how I can make this easier? I thought of a steam cleaner to help blast the dirt out, but online reviews suggest the handheld ones aren't that great.

celeste84 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:19:50

Firstly I would stick a hoover nozzole down behind there to deal with any spiders that maybe lurking there then I would just use your standard mop head to reach down behind to give behind the loo a clean personally.

DorcasthePuffin Thu 29-Dec-16 13:25:13

Ah, great idea to have a hoover first!

I've just remembered I have a toilet brush (never used - I am a MNetter) that would probably be quite a good U bend scrubber.

celeste84 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:34:20

If you have a tiled floor i would just go all out with the mop brush personally that way you can mop up the excess water at the same time.

DorcasthePuffin Thu 29-Dec-16 13:44:09

Thanks celeste, I'm going to take a few deep breaths and dive in. I may be gone some time.

lbanks Fri 30-Dec-16 14:00:00

As others have suggested shove a hoover down there first and then i use this toilet cleaner to clean my toilet, it's quiet strong stuff so it's ideal for cleaning the dirt from the back of the toilet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now