Talk

Advanced search

siemens

(12 Posts)
LINDYLOO1965 Wed 28-Dec-16 12:35:25

Having been lucky enough to build my own home, i found myself with the daunting task of choosing appliances for my shiny new kitchen
After much review reading and visiting appliance showrooms, i had finally reached my verdict, it was to be siemens, after two years of poor performance i am at my wits end.
After year one tumble dryer broke down, year two microwave oven broke, in their defence they did mend both of these appliances, now a little over two years my dishwasher has now broken down, i am not a heavy user of the appliance as there is just my husband and i at home, but they are unresponsive to my emails , customer service is provided by inexperienced incompetents customer service sucks,
in short if your choosing new appliances take my word for it do not choose siemens you have been warned

rabbit123 Wed 28-Dec-16 14:11:46

This sounds very odd.
Neff, Bosch and Siemens are all the same company and they have a pretty good reputation. We got 9 years out of a Bosch dishwasher.

LINDYLOO1965 Wed 28-Dec-16 14:46:10

Maybe in that 9 years the quality has gone down considerably, I'm so disappointed they cost a lot of money and to replace them when you have every thing matching just isn't feasible 3 appliances out of seven in two years is a terrible track record

LINDYLOO1965 Wed 28-Dec-16 14:48:57

Actually we had a bosch dishwasher for about ten year and only got rid of it as we had the new house , in hindsight i wish i had kept it, but didn't as wanted an integrated one.

FrogFairy Wed 28-Dec-16 15:42:59

I am grateful for your post, thank you.

I am planning a new kitchen and had fallen in love with the Siemens IQ700 silver metal finish induction hob. I was already wavering as the price recently jumped by over £100 and there is far more to go wrong on induction than gas so you are not guaranteed a long life anyway.

I really want induction but will either pick a cheaper fitted hob or even just use plug in portable induction hobs that are much cheaper and very easily replaced.

LINDYLOO1965 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:54:56

just a quick update, i also have a siemens down draft extractor the light suddenly gave up last week, got a quote for replacement light bloody hell nearly swallowed my teeth, 280 plus vat, unless you have deep pockets avoid them,

feltcarrot Tue 14-Feb-17 08:24:35

We have a lot of Bosch/Siemens products including a 19 year old dishwasher and tumble dryer (bought when did was born) a washing machine and ovens. The only problem we have had is the combi microwave oven and that was because DD used the microwave when the metal shelf was in it!!

LINDYLOO1965 Tue 14-Feb-17 17:02:57

I really think the new appliances are not as good as the old ones regarding build and quality

markingplace Fri 17-Feb-17 20:31:50

Lindy, can I ask you please how good the extraction is with your Siemens down draft extractor, we are building and will need to put in a downward draft extractor and I'm bamboozled with it. Would love to hear how you find it aside from replacing very costly lights. smilesmilesmile

LINDYLOO1965 Sun 19-Feb-17 17:06:22

Hi Markinplace, the downdraft extractor works well we have the 900cms one because the hob we have is 900 ,i would go with the biggest extractor you can fit in as when pots are on the side rings sometimes it doesn't work as well as it struggles to pull everything in , so in short if you have 600 hob i would sill go for 900 extractor,
Im thinking you have the same problem as us when building, we had steels in all the walls and it couldn't pass through, thank god for the new downdraft extractors.
hope this helps any other question feel free to ask.

markingplace Wed 22-Feb-17 00:16:34

Hi Lindy, sorry for delay in responding, work getting in the way of mn lol. Thank you so much for your reply and advice, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely be looking into getting a bigger extractor than our hob and I'm delighted to hear that it works well especially when they are so expensive. smilesmilesmile

markingplace Wed 22-Feb-17 00:22:12

Lindy, forgot to say why we need the downdraught, our kitchen has lots of windows and it won't allow for the large hob along the counter so it is going to be set in the island. The ceilings are high and a canopy hood just wouldn't work as it would look completely out of place whilst also obstructing the view from one of the windows. As you said, thank God for these new dangled inventions to get us out of these pickles we find ourselves in. 😀😀😀😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now