Talk

Advanced search

Tuesday Fly

(52 Posts)
MadameSleepsLessAndLess Tue 20-Feb-07 08:40:16

Not read mission as yet. I've also changed my name(aka EHM) Another bad night, dh bought Baby Whisperer Book Yesterday. I was in bed by 830 last night. Will be back later if I haven't given dd to the next person I see in the street

satinshoes Tue 20-Feb-07 08:46:39

Morning all.

kelly's mission

Easy mission for me as I dont keep anything under the bed.

Thanks for letting me off the hook yesterday. As usual, d/w and w/m on. Will try and tidy up today.

Madame - hope you get some rest!

yaddayah Tue 20-Feb-07 09:17:41

Morning !
I could cheerfully have left my DD (age nearly 3) screaming in tje street this morning .. she screamed the whole way back from DS's school (a very long 10 min walk) as i wouldn't pick her up (have previously dislocated my shoulder and its playing up again

Shes currently on the naughty step

Its going to be one of those days...

Don't keep anything under my bed but dd has a frame bed with toys underneath it

Mood i'm in .. there could be a SERIOUS toy cull !

MADAME How old is your DD ? Mine used to be a nightmare for sleep as well, we used a similar method to BW .. WORKED LIKE A CHARM !

Jelley Tue 20-Feb-07 09:29:17

madame I knew it was you!

DDs are back at school today

ds is not a happy baby

I'm going to go out anyway this morning, and hope he sleeps. Got to hang out wet washing and put another load on first.

I knew we were due this mission again, and I've been dreading it. I will try and do a 15 min start on bed clearing this afternoon.

Good Morning

Well, in honesty, it's a cr*p morning for me here Dd had an almighty tantrum over breakfast this morning which resulted in me telling her she couldn't go to her after-school activity today - she was very upset about this and I ended up leaing her sobbing at school. Now, do I go into school at 3pm and see how she is and let her go along (it's an educational after-school club)? Or do I have to stand my ground and bring her home? I partly feel that if I explain to her that this was a warning and that she needs to remember next time that this is how she'll feel about missing the club then that'll be enough and that she'll be OK to go today, BUT if there's ever another time that she behaves this way then she really will have to come home and miss the club....agh! It's all such hard work
Oh well, I'll just have to put up with this guilt for the rest of the day - feel awful for leaving her so upset

Anyway! Onto the house, which is also getting me down. I have been keeping on top of the basics over the holidays but haven't managed much hoovering or mopping of floors and so on so really need motivating to get on today~

~hoover upstairs
~hoover downstairs
~hoover under bed
~dust upstairs
~dust downstairs
~change beds
~mop downstairs

I've not been v good at keeping up with the threads over the past few days but hope all is well
ehm/madame {{{hugs}}} poor you! Hope things improve- you must be exhausted...just have a sit down, a cup of tea and a nice choccy buscuit today

laloop Tue 20-Feb-07 09:51:03

Morning madame satin yadda and jelley

Ds2 isn't a great sleeper either, madame (EHM!) but dd was even worse so you have my sympathies. We ended up having to do the controlled crying technique which worked, but was awful the first few nights, (I had just had ds1 so was totally hormonal and ended up crying as much as she did, lol - I can laugh now, wasn't funny then!).

I have a very ambitious list today, not sure I'll manage everything but will give it a try

Today's list
(BTW, haven't done anything yet, we're all still in PJs here )
- Make beds
- Clean kitchen surfaces, table and cooker hob, sweep kitchen floor
- Load dishwasher and run
- Tidy up living room
- Bathrooms
- Vacuum and dust upstairs and downstairs (including under beds, today's mission)
- Strip lo's beds and wash bedlinen
- Put out any recycling
- Take lo's for a swim (last day of half-term break today)
- Make pancakes (savoury and sweet)and lemon drizzle cake for dinner tonight
- Take ds1 to Squirrels
- Get school uniforms, bookbags etc ready for school tomorrow

Have a nice day everyone

grouchyoscar Tue 20-Feb-07 09:56:20

Morning All

Had a good night's sleep last night so I feel a hell of a lot better. DS slept til 7:15 so I got chance for a long hot shower

Been flying already
DONE LIST
Up and washed
S&S Bathroom
S&S Loo
Dressed
Make bed
Make DS Bed
Downstairs with white washing
Load and run wm
Run TD
Make breakfast
Tidy away
Load and Run DW
Empty TD and take upstairs
Sort out activities for DS
Organise my bag for today
Sort through paperwork for letter I need this aft
S&S kitchen worktops
S&S hob
S&S sink
Empty DW
Put away

TO DO
Wash and dress DS (He's still in pjs with cream cheese bagel smeared on his face)
Make lunch
Go to physio appointment
Sort out stuff downtown
Buy cherries and almonds for flapjacks!
Come home and see what needs doing

Hope all LOs are on the mend. hope you're all well and you all have good days

laloop Tue 20-Feb-07 09:56:20

Awww, shouldbe - we all have mornings like that sometimes. My ds1 (just turned 6) would try the patience of a saint some mornings, not an easy age.

laloop Tue 20-Feb-07 09:57:39

Hi grouchyoscar

Sonnet Tue 20-Feb-07 09:58:28

Hi Ladies - do you mind if I join in? Here I am struggling to get motivated and now I feel guilty because at least I've had a full nights sloop and have no younbg children around to entertain too!!

I often read your threads for inspiration whilst stuck at work!! - am at home today and whilst usually motivated to do house work am struggling like mad today. Here is my list:

General tidy- done
open windows- done
Strip beds - done
1 load of bedding on - done
dust and polish
clean kitchen
clean bathrooms
wash hard floors
dry wash load one
wash load2
dry load2
wash load3
dry load3
wash load4
dry load4
iron
make spag bol
make cake

so can I come on later and see how you're all doing and confess what I have?

Sonnet xx

grouchyoscar Tue 20-Feb-07 10:07:07

Hi Laloop It's nice staying in PJs when you don't have to go out and you're not expecting anyone.

Shouldbe Damned if you do and damned if you don't with los huh?

Madame AKA EHM and Jelley {{HUGS}}

Must get off my arse and do something. DS is playing on his Tonka game on my old PC. I get lulled into a false sense of 'all is well' when he's occupied

yaddayah Tue 20-Feb-07 10:09:46

4 loads Sonnet !!
Crikey

Need motivation as well today.. feel rubbish and just want to stuff myself with flapjacks...

Suppose i'd better do my list of shame :

Unload d/washer done
5 min blitz on kitchen surfaces
Take DD to nursery (hopefully without tantrum)
Load washing done
Put away yesterdays drying bedding (on rads)
Complete mission (modifyed to DD bed)
30 mins ironing
Dinner (casserole?)
Sort out linen cupboard (tangle of towels/sheets/stray socks)
DS homework

Still want that flapjack though...

yaddayah Tue 20-Feb-07 10:19:29

shouldbe My DD had a huge tantrum..worse ever this morning She's now not allowed television or any sort of treat all day.. if you threaten soemthing, you HAVE to follow it through.. its harsh, but its worth it in the long run

Gawd i sound like my mum !

laloop Tue 20-Feb-07 10:28:19

Welcome sonnet

ludaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 10:31:31

Morning Ladies and Happy Pancake Day

madame thanks for the link...I had a feeling it was you. Hope Ellie's sleeping pattern settles down before too long

satin hope you are feeling a bit more energised today...but take it easy

yaddah Ooooh the screaming all the way down the street scenario...I know it well! My dd1 is 5 and is a pro at that one

Jelley hope ds is feeling happier soon!

shouldbe don't feel too bad today, I am sure she will have forgotten by now...or at least be happier anyway. (and just for the record, I'd probably let her go, but I'd let her know it is her absolute final warning and if it happens again then next time, she won't) It is sooo hsrd isn't it!

laloop impressive list...good luck getting it done.

GO glad you are feeling better...good luck with your list too

sonnet welcome!! great list...lots of washing!!!

Well lets hope everyone's lo's get better soon, and happier!!!

My dd2 has a doctors appointment this afternoon...she has a very tight chest and a hacking cough..(AGAIN!! )

I will go take a look around and see what needs to be done today, I have spent most of the morning so far getting things ready to post off for reletives birthdays and the likes!

See you all in a bit xx

ludaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 10:34:52

shouldbe I'm a big softy...yaddah you are probably right..its a tricky one....

Sonnet Tue 20-Feb-07 10:37:05

I love staying in PJ's all day Laloop!!
Yadayah - 4 loads tis all bedding and I got my first tumble dryer on Sunday so am trying it out!! - did a load of towels last night - had them washed, dried and put away in one evening - normally takes 3 days to dry over bannisters!! - I am like a child with a new toy "washing over here ladies"
'fraid I agree with Yadyah Shouldbe, you have to follow through. I know how hard it is when they go off to school unhappy and you're left feeling sad and guilty all day - and must admit I havn't always followed my own advice

I am distracted already and only a third of the way through dusting.....see you all later

Sonnet Tue 20-Feb-07 10:39:59

Laloop - thanks for the welcome.
Hope you have sucess at the doctors - my DD1 has had hacking cough and tight chest since January - drs say it is a virus.....So I am trying to build her up with Minadex. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere she starts sneezing and gets a full blown cold so the cough is now back again!!

Sonnet Tue 20-Feb-07 10:40:15

ooo...must go.....

ludaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 10:43:45

ooooh sonnet can you dry my washing! My tumble dryer has given up the will to live!
I am now using the radiators/ bannister method!

laloop Tue 20-Feb-07 11:19:01

Update so far

Kids getting bored so might have to leave some of list until tomorrow. Lovely day here, park weather!

- Make bed done
- Clean kitchen surfaces, table and cooker hob, sweep kitchen floor done (except floor, still to do)
- Load dishwasher and run done
- Tidy up living room done
- Bathrooms
- Vacuum and dust upstairs and downstairs (including under beds, today's mission)
- Strip lo's beds and wash bedlinen (one stripped, other ntomorrow)
- Put out any recycling done
- Take lo's for a swim (last day of half-term break today)
- Make pancakes (savoury and sweet) and lemon drizzle cake for dinner tonight
- Take ds1 to Squirrels
- Get school uniforms, bookbags etc ready for school tomorrow

Catch up with you all later, time to get all the little laloops dressed and head outside for some fun! Will be shattered later

ludaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 12:20:10

glad the weather is so nice for you laloop...enjoy your day out

Ok...no list as such...but I have done:
~2 loads of washing (no room to hang anymore)
~Loaded and reloaded d/w
~Been to shop, P.O and collected ds
~Made lunch
~Tidied kitchen and living room
~Contemplated the mission
~Ate more cake and a packet of crisps
~Danced about a bit to some tooones
~Sat round my neighbours for a while, and borrowed her cellotape

ludaloo Tue 20-Feb-07 12:26:36

Now...playing on you tube and MNetting...god I have to do something !!!!

Just not getting v motivated today
So far have~
~hoover upstairs
~hoover downstairs done
~hoover under bed
~dust upstairs
~dust downstairs done
~change beds stripped
~mop downstairs done
~wipe kitchen
~clear pile of post from counter-top

Help! Wanted to get the house looking lovely today but it's just not working out and I have to go and collect ds now......

Jelley Tue 20-Feb-07 12:49:10

Hi,
I've rad and forgotten everything as usual.

Welcomesonnet the laundry queen

Luda have you seen the thread about dressing your dc (or letting them stay in pjs) It was started by one of my postnatal thread after 3 of us confessed to not dressing our 1 year olds on a fairly regular basis

I've done nothing...I went out to meet a friend and missed her, went to a toddler group which is too old for ds and left early.

I have bought lemons though, so I can make pancakes today, and lemon drizzle cake tomorrow

I need to go and at least sort the kitchen out.

shouldbe did you give her a warning first? If not I would count today as the warning, but I do agree that threats need to be followed through.
My dds know that when I tell them I will take them to school in their pjs if they aren't ready on time, that I really will
(I've only ever had to do it once (nursery) and now the threat is enough!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now