Talk

Advanced search

sebo or miele vacuum?

(19 Posts)
Note3 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:34:31

I need a new vacuum and having experimented with dyson, hoover and Henry I've had my eyes turned towards sebo or miele. Never used them as until MN hadn't heard of them at all but I can now see I appear to have been missing out.

It will need to suck up cat fur and children's debris. Which is the better one?

Thanks

iloveanicecake Tue 27-Dec-16 14:12:10

Sebo gets my vote. I have a 10 year old Airbelt K3 Premium that does a far superior job to the Miele that my client has.

I work as a domestic cleaner and take my Sebo with me - not terribly convenient but the time and energy it saves me makes it worthwhile.
A model with a powered head and good cable length is essential to me.
BTW, if you need a cleaner in the Amersham, Bucks area, I have a couple of slots coming up due to an inconsiderate client, but explaining that would be a whole different thread (very similar to a current AIBU).grin

PigeonPie Tue 27-Dec-16 14:15:44

Well, we went to JL a while ago to buy a Miele (to replace our extremely old and reliable one) and came away with a Sebo. They are made like Miele used to be made - ie to last!

Very pleased with ours.

Karcheer Tue 27-Dec-16 15:48:08

Definitely sebo.

Varya Tue 27-Dec-16 15:49:27

Sebo every time!

whatiswrongwithyou Tue 27-Dec-16 15:51:45

Miele - every time! Ex cleaner and in my experience nothing comes close to the power of a Miele.

Note3 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:57:13

Ooh just as I was starting to think sebo won hands down a miele cheerleader arrives!!

I love a nice cake - sadly I'm not in your area but if I had been I would have JUMPED at the chance to book you!

e1y1 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:20:31

Am going to say Sebo - I don't have one, but I am going to get one in next month or so.

I have a Miele - utter shite, had it in repair SIX times (minor issues granted).

Miele have a reputation of being the best UNTIL something goes wrong (so if nothing is wrong, then you're ok).

Only ever owned a Miele vac and the experience has put me off owning anything else Miele.

Blacksox Tue 27-Dec-16 18:23:58

Don't know about Sebo, but completely love our Miele. Can't fault it and they last forever.

rabbit123 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:34:07

Sebo, definitely. Ours is over 20 years old and has never missed a beat. Currently dealing with pine needles and tinsel with no problem.
What types of floors do you have? Are you looking at uprights or cylinders?

SwanneeKazoo Tue 27-Dec-16 18:38:28

another vote for Sebo, had one for nearly 20 years and replaced it with another one.

useyourimagination Tue 27-Dec-16 18:43:00

Sebo - had mine for 20+ years, been fixed twice (once because I dropped it down the stairs.

Fayrazzled Tue 27-Dec-16 19:05:45

I've just got the Sebo Eco Felix and it is fantastic. In the past I've had a Miele, a Henry, a Dyson and the Sebo knocks them all into a cocked hat.

IHeartKingThistle Tue 27-Dec-16 19:07:26

I love my Sebo very much.

Note3 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:52:19

Ooh I've just looked at sebos quickly online and I love how old fashioned the shape is!

I'm looking at getting an upright one, partly as that's what I'm used to but also it is better for carpets which is what most of our house has.

rabbit123 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:43:19

If it's an upright you're after, look at the X4 Extra. We've got the older (much older) version and it's fantastic. The x4 has a hose that reaches all the way up the stairs

rabbit123 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:44:07

youtu.be/T1O14KIOO-g

Winterfairy Tue 27-Dec-16 20:48:01

Hi. Miele for me. Had mine about 6 years no it's been faultless. I've got the Cat and Dog version. Also have a 'quiet' Bosch which I bought when my daughter was doing shifts - rubbish. My cleaner will only use the Miele and says it's the best one of all her clients machines.

dangermouseisace Tue 27-Dec-16 21:34:27

My mum has a sebo upright. I have a miele vacuum. The sebo is big and heavy. The miele isn't, it's great for doing stairs etc. I borrowed my mum's sebo when I moved into my new house…it was good at vacuuming the carpets but overall I prefer mine as it's just nicer to use and doesn't feel like a chore. I've had it 15 years no problems. When it dies I fully intend on replacing it with another miele!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now