Talk

Advanced search

New kettle, water tastes disgusting

(6 Posts)
cooj Sat 24-Dec-16 14:05:24

I bought a new Morphy Richards kettle two weeks ago. I boiled and emptied it as suggested in the instructions but the water from it had a horrible metallic/plasticy taste. I must have boiled and emptied it countless times now and it is no better. I read on the internet to try bicarbonate of soda and vinegar which i have done but the foul taste remains. Does anyone have any idea what i can do to get rid of this? I can't return it to Argos as I have lost the receipt. I have emailed Morphy Richards but apparantly they take weeks to reply. From what I have read it is a common problem with Morphy Richard's kettles. I am a bit angry tbh as i am still having to use my old kettle and the new one wasn't cheap!

loogino Sat 24-Dec-16 15:54:48

This is a really nice kettle, fairly quiet for a fast boil kettle. The lid has to be taken off to fill the kettle and it has an easy 1,2 or 3 cup level inside or can be filled to maximum level if you have alot of tea to make. Nice product.

e1y1 Sun 25-Dec-16 14:04:38

No advice, but if you bought it on debit/credit card, Argos MAY be able to accept your statement as proof of purchase.

This is the reason I won't have anything but a completely metal or glass kettle, for some reason plastic kettles always taste well, plasticky.

PossumInAPearTree Sun 25-Dec-16 14:38:04

I've had a kettle years which dh still refuses to use as he says it still tastes plasticy. I noticed it for a week but then it was fine.

brrrr Mon 26-Dec-16 13:36:02

I had the same problem with possibly the same kettle, Morphy Richards. I boiled water with bicarb in it, left it to cool. Boiled and cooled water -took about 2 weeks but problem now solved.

spaceodyssey Mon 26-Dec-16 22:09:17

I brought a Quest kettle a couple of months back. It's cheap and cheerful and does the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now