Talk

Advanced search

All i want for Christmas is a decent toilet brush...

(16 Posts)
ScruffyTheJanitor Thu 22-Dec-16 17:43:34

My toilet is absolutely sparkling clean, I empty white vinegar into it regularly and scrub it.

But....
If I lower my viewpoint about a foot and look into the bowl and around the U bend, it's black and grim.

So is there a miracle toilet brush out there that gets to other places a usual toilet brush cant reach or will I have to get some sexy elbow length marigolds and a nail brush?

Mmmmshop Thu 22-Dec-16 17:46:48

Type 'under rim toilet brush' into Amazon. There are tonnes.

General MN consensus tends to be that toilet brushes are wholly disgusting, though. I don't share the strength of feeling, but brace yourself.

ScruffyTheJanitor Thu 22-Dec-16 17:49:19

Its not under the rim that's the issue its the bottom of the bowl, at the back, where the water sits.
I fail at description.

Its the place you pee if you're a man, no not the floor...
I think I need a diagram.

Janey50 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:51:57

fshock A TOILET BRUSH OP? Don't you know they are banned on MN?!

Ginslinger Thu 22-Dec-16 17:55:37

toilet brush shock <clutches pearls>

ScruffyTheJanitor Thu 22-Dec-16 18:07:06

But how am I meant to clean here:
I guess I could shout at it? use colourful language?

TroysMammy Thu 22-Dec-16 18:10:30

Long rubber gloves and a scrubby? Get your hand down there, not too far, you don't want to get it stuck. Although that would make an hilarious MN story fgrin

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:13:00

Magic eraser sponge and marigolds. Sorry. No brush with do round there properly.

ScruffyTheJanitor Thu 22-Dec-16 18:14:50

thenewaveragebear1983

That's what I was worried about sad
Oh well, roll me sleeves up then.

AmyInTheBoonies Thu 22-Dec-16 18:39:38

No brush for that place op.

You get all the water out with a sponge. Then as others say get something like cif etc and a plastic scrubber and go for it.

tametempo Thu 22-Dec-16 18:40:11

I've heard of people emptying the water out of the toilet as you can give it a much better scrub. But yes, marigolds a must, it seems!

paddlenorapaddle Thu 22-Dec-16 19:07:47

Sod that Harpic do a block you drop down the toilet over night and it's gone in the morning failing that empty out the water coke should do it but be warned open your windows when emptying the toilet it absolutely stinks x

GreenShadow Fri 23-Dec-16 13:03:33

A Washing up brush is your answer. They tend to be nicely bent so you can reach further back . They also deal better with loos (like ours) that have 'angles' in the bowl and aren't as nicely rounded as in your picture OP.

Merriment Fri 23-Dec-16 13:07:12

I'm off to get some white wine vinegar to clean my loo with fwink

ScruffyTheJanitor Fri 23-Dec-16 13:11:45

Merriment
you should, White vinegar is awesome.

Use that to clean, zoflora to make smell nice, I wouldn't recommend mixing the two though.

Green
that's a good idea actually... well worth a look.

Paddle
Thanks for your reply too, I'll have a look through Harpic and see what I can see.

bandan Sat 24-Dec-16 14:02:52

As other have suggested pour some harpic and give it a good scrub yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now