Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where do I put the salt etc in a dishwasher?

(7 Posts)
5000candlesinthewind Thu 22-Dec-16 13:06:31

I've only just realised I need rinse aid and salt for the dishwasher blush don't have a clue which bit goes on where though? How often do I put it in?

RatOnnaStick Thu 22-Dec-16 13:12:01

Rinse aid goes in the the other compartment to where you put the tablet (the little one).

For salt, pull out the lower drawer and unscrew the big circular lid set into the floor of the dishwasher, its full of water. Pour dishwasher salt into the water until it won't hold any more. Don't try using table salt, you need proper dishwasher salt which you can buy in the supermarket.

RatOnnaStick Thu 22-Dec-16 13:13:46

Your dishwasher will flash up when it needs either. Not that often, the rinse aid is about every month or so and the salt maybe 3-4 times a year. If you live in a fairly soft water area you might not need them if you are using 3-in-1 or better tablets but if your water is quite hard you really should.

If you look online, you may well be able to find the manual for your dishwasher, which will tell you how, when and where to fill things like salt and rinseaid.

Ihatethedailymail1 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:31:45

Salt does not go in either if those bits pictured. The open hole is where you put the cleaning tablet and slide and click the lid closed and the longer thinner bit is where you add the rinse aid. Keep squirting it in until it starts coming out and again close lid.
If you pull out the bottom drawer on the floor of the dishwasher you will see a large screwy lid, the size of a hand. Unscrew it and that is the hole you put the salt in. It takes loads, like 800g or so.
Hope that helps!

dementedpixie Thu 22-Dec-16 13:38:47

That picture Showa the bits you put the dishwasher tablet (the open bit) and the rinse aid - you flip the lid on the smaller section to access where the rinse aid goes. Salt will go in the floor of the dishwasher - there will be a lid to unscrew to access that bit

5000candlesinthewind Thu 22-Dec-16 18:44:49

Thanks everyone, managed to do it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now