Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sheets keep pinging off!

(10 Posts)
DoubleCarrick Tue 20-Dec-16 14:09:40

My auntie has very kindly given us a £20 M&S voucher for xmas. DH has been whinging about our bed sheets and the fact that during the night the corners, without fail, ping off.

I thought I could combine these two things and buy new bed sheets with the voucher.

I favour fitted sheets and was just going to get super king size bed is king size but then I spotted "deep fit".

So here's the question - 'deep fit' or super king for my sheet pinging mattress?

MaisieDotes Tue 20-Dec-16 14:11:04

Super King deep fit, surely? Cover all your bases.

Pinging sheets are so bloody annoying.

DoubleCarrick Tue 20-Dec-16 14:24:32

Do you think they'll end up super baggy and wrinkly?

DH wonders why it's always his corners that ping...little does he know it's because when we're making the bed I always race to put my corners on first wink

MaisieDotes Tue 20-Dec-16 14:44:16

Do you have a very deep mattress? I suppose if not then you won't need "deep fit".

King size deep-fit ones won't work much better than ordinary king size on a regular-depth mattress as the extra bit is only between the corner of the sheet and the end of each corner seam iyswim? So you would just end up with an annoying little sheet corner about an inch or two in from the actual mattress corner.

Can't believe I've actually written that down.

Need to get out more grin

JeepersMcoy Tue 20-Dec-16 14:50:06

You need these. They will change your life...

www.amazon.co.uk/ORIGINAL-Bed-Band-Adjustable-Suspender/dp/B007DMGUUM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1482245332&sr=8-10&keywords=bed+sheet+clips

Standingonmytippytoes Tue 20-Dec-16 14:52:37

Deep fit. Super king will be too baggy

Florin Tue 20-Dec-16 14:53:18

We had this issue but now I get dh to put on the bottom sheet he is stronger than me so gets it on better. He also does it in a certain order. His top corner, his bottom corner, my top corner then my bottom corner. We now don't have any problems. We have king size bed with extra deep king size sheets but we do have a mattress topper so need the extra deep sheets for that.

DoubleCarrick Tue 20-Dec-16 14:57:29

maisie I think we all need to get out more grin I think it looks like the depth of the mattress is the issue!

Those clips look good but they won't work with our current sheets as they don't pull down to the bottom of the mattress.

I shall buy deep fit and then see if i need the clips.

Thankyou all!

LittleBoat Tue 20-Dec-16 14:58:31

Do you have an Ikea bed by any chance? We have this problem with ours if I buy sheets from anywhere other than Ikea.

DoubleCarrick Tue 20-Dec-16 15:14:48

No, it was from just a bed store - Benson's or something. It's a memory foam mattress, if that makes any difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now