Talk

Advanced search

How do I wash my underwire bras?

(9 Posts)
Supermagicsmile Mon 19-Dec-16 15:36:06

I have tried putting them in a bowl in hot water with washing detergent etc but they never feel properly clean. I put an old one in the washing machine and it totally ruined it (the wire snapped.) how do I get them clean? They also have padded cups so take ages to dry and when I ring them out all scrunch up and don't look great.

MinceForBrains Mon 19-Dec-16 15:39:13

I've always washed my underwired bras in the machine. Delicates wash in a pillow case/laundry bag. Dry on a maiden/laundry horse. No problem.

rabbit123 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:04:09

In the washing machine with the appropriate colour load but I put them in one of those net laundry bags. Stops the wire coming loose and getting caught in the drum.

JeepersMcoy Mon 19-Dec-16 18:08:35

I just bung them in the machine with everything else. The wire does come out the end a bit after a few years, but I have never had wire actually snap.

Ditsy4 Tue 20-Dec-16 08:00:30

Buy bra bags from Lakeland they are the best.

eurochick Tue 20-Dec-16 08:34:13

I just bung in the machine. I've been washing underwired bras this way for about 20 years. I've had the wires wear through a handful of times. I've never had one snap.

Biking007 Tue 20-Dec-16 08:36:59

I was by hand soak in bowl whilst doing something else then rinse hr later as had several distroyed in the machine but I may try the pillow case option.

bimbobaggins Thu 22-Dec-16 10:56:09

I leave mine soaking overnight in a bowl of hand wash detergent or napisan. The napisan does tend to lift the colour a bit after a long time.i definitely wouldn't put them in the machine as the bras I buy are £40 and the washing instructions say don't machine wash

dementedpixie Thu 22-Dec-16 13:41:15

I put them in a normal wash in the machine but put them in a mesh laundry bag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now