Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a good vacuum cleaner?

(12 Posts)
TMTPRO Mon 19-Dec-16 07:27:43

Hello everyone!

Me and my husband recently bought a new house and are looking for a good quality vacuum cleaner. I've done a bit of research online, and someone was recommending the brand Vorwerk. Has anyone ever heard of it, or used it, and could tell me more about it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

PolterGoose Mon 19-Dec-16 07:36:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 19-Dec-16 07:41:55

Miele.

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Dec-16 07:52:24

I like the GTec Air Ram, but our house is largely wood floors, we only have carpet in the bedrooms. It might be a bit annoying with larger areas of carpet, as the dust collectors are quite small.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 19-Dec-16 08:03:29

We've just replaced our GTec with a cordless Dyson as it just couldn't cope with our family. Brilliant little vac through.

izzygb Mon 19-Dec-16 08:05:55

I've got a Duronic vacuum cleaner. The best thing we have purchased this year...and possibly ever.
It's so powerful, we cleaned the house, the car and the caravan.
Brilliant product and, we'll be recommending it to everyone we know.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 19-Dec-16 08:08:43

Well I'm lusting after a Shark. A few American friends have mentioned them to me & I know a couple of people with big hairy dogs that recommend them too.

rabbit123 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:23:38

Sebo! Fantastic vacuum. Ours is 21 years old, never broken down and manages with 2 cats and 2 kids.
Vorwerk are very good but over £1000 new and only sold by a demonstration and sales pitch in your home

ivykaty44 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:26:43

I have inherited a Deborah and it's great, got new filter and bags through Amazon and it really sucjs the carpet, nice long lead and not heavy

Ifailed Mon 19-Dec-16 08:28:36

Tried many vacs over the years, but have to say for general all-round goodness and reliability, I don't think you can beat a Henry.

ivykaty44 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:28:43

Sebo no idea why it came up as Deborah???

NanTheWiser Mon 19-Dec-16 14:45:06

Sebo - that's all there is to say...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now