Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hiring a carpet cleaner - recommendations

(4 Posts)
didireallysaythat Sun 18-Dec-16 22:15:38

We're coming to the end of building work (downstairs) and the one carpet we left down (not great but better than nothing) and those upstairs would probably all benefit from a clean. Professional cleaning quotes were £300+ with an empty house so that isn't happening.

I had thought rug doctor but HSS offer a cleaner which I can get for a week for the cost of < 2 days rug doctor. They also offer a professional carpet cleaner (but I'm more of an amateur).

So I'd welcome recommendations, including if I need their special (=££) solutions or if I can something better or similar for less elsewhere.

Thank you

wowfudge Mon 19-Dec-16 06:42:40

I've used Rug Doctor machines and a Karcher one hired from HSS. The Karcher was much harder to use - far more physical than walking upright pushing a Rug Doctor. Also, thanks to tips on MN, I no longer buy the expensive Rug Doctor cleaner - use half a dosing ball of Persil Small and Mighty per full tank of water.

wowfudge Mon 19-Dec-16 06:44:38

I've used Rug Doctor machines and a Karcher one hired from HSS. The Karcher was much harder to use - far more physical than walking upright pushing a Rug Doctor. Also, thanks to tips on MN, I no longer buy the expensive Rug Doctor cleaner - use half a dosing ball of Persil Small and Mighty per full tank of water.

didireallysaythat Wed 21-Dec-16 07:07:53

Thanks wow I hadn't considered the ease of operation at all. I'm going to go for the HSS one (maybe work off the Xmas excess) and do a room a day over the Xmas break (oh yes, I'm #livingthedream)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now