Talk

Advanced search

Urgent baby poo on rug

(17 Posts)
Heirhelp Sat 17-Dec-16 08:01:33

DH got me up from my sleep in day as the baby had poop every where when he was changing her. How do we get poo off a rug. So far we have removed the excess poo.

bloodydrama Sat 17-Dec-16 10:26:15

Ha! I've just posted this! Hope on one thinks I'm a poo troll confused
It's all over my grey lounge carpet

DailyFail1 Sat 17-Dec-16 10:27:13

Scrubbing with vanish worked for me.

Dontwant2behere Sat 17-Dec-16 10:28:55

Best tip from a midwife I had, treat it like blood - so wash with cold water not hot to get the stain out.

NataliaOsipova Sat 17-Dec-16 10:29:49

This will sound daft - but try scrubbing and scrubbing with a packet of baby wipes first. They are magic things and I have got all sorts off our (cream) carpet with them. Other thing that works is soaking the stain with water (pour water over it) and then go at it with a sponge. The problem with detergents is that they can take the colour out so you are left with a pale patch.

viques Sat 17-Dec-16 10:32:34

My mother and aunt once had to deal with a baby (innocent smile) who pooed on a thick new fluffy blanket in a hotel. They washed off the poo but were left with a nasty stain on the blanket.

So they shaved it with my dads cut throat razor.

Heirhelp Sat 17-Dec-16 13:15:26

Thank you. At least it was in the yellow button of the rug.

DH shouted upstairs for help as 7 month old (so lots of poo) pooped, weed and then pooped again as soon as he had taken off her nappy. When I went down stairs she pooped again before we got a chance to put a new nappy on.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 17-Dec-16 13:18:03

pooped, weed and then pooped again as soon as he had taken off her nappy. When I went down stairs she pooped again before we got a chance to put a new nappy on.

If she prefers keeping her nappy clean, have you considered holding her over the toilet for a bit at nappy change time?

Heirhelp Sat 17-Dec-16 14:42:52

This is the first time since she was little that she has pooed outside the nappy. She does normally poo very soon after getting up and then again in very soon afterwards I am unsure if she was wanting to do it outside of the nappy or if it was because DH Was doing this morning so things were a little different. It is definitely something to consider though.

I also think she has just realised that she has control over pooing and she seems to spend the afternoon trying hard to squeeze some out and she is definitely not constipated.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 17-Dec-16 14:49:45

Actually that does sound like constipation. A whole afternoon of straining will do her no good. I'd give her some more water to drink.

As for the rug, rinse and vanish carpet cleaner. Then if no joy get a new rug in about 3 years when they stop pissing and shitting everywhere.

Stop doing nappy changes on a rug or carpet.

Heirhelp Sat 17-Dec-16 15:02:04

Sorry maybe that was not very clear. Every now and then in the afternoon she strains with much fuss and produces a smudge. She normally has three huge poos a day without the fuss, huge as in her nappy can't contain it all. Do you think it is constipation?

Heirhelp Sat 17-Dec-16 15:03:33

The nappy change was on a large changing mat but due to true volume of poo and liquidy nature it was washed onto the rug with the wee.

Sorry for the tmi everyone.

bloodydrama Sun 18-Dec-16 20:42:27

I used 1001 trouble shooter and it seems to have done the trick grin

Dozer Sun 18-Dec-16 20:44:15

Rug doctor for cat and dogs works well.

ridinghighinapril Sun 18-Dec-16 22:07:40

If it's yellow baby poo (milk only diet) - then place it in sunlight and the uv light will get rid of it (may take a while in this weather!)

officialwildestdreams Mon 19-Dec-16 07:16:08

I would use this carpet cleaner it's one of the best I've used and it removes most stains.

Heirhelp Tue 20-Dec-16 21:18:17

I used napisan. It turns out my DD has developed temporary lactose intolerance hence the large amount of poop on my rug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now