Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning grout, bathroom tiles & getting rid of black mould marks

(5 Posts)
belindaginger Fri 16-Dec-16 12:49:10

I watched a episode of Anthea Turner perfect housewife a few months back and she gave this woman a recipe for getting her less than white grout up to brand new gleaming white! I haven't paid much attention to my grout but as my wonderful mother pointed out the other day its looking a bit grey, just wondering if anyone can remember what it was she said to use as im actually quite embarrassed to have people round now, Thanks ladies! may your grouting always gleam to a perfect shine ! LOL!

AndNowItsSeven Fri 16-Dec-16 12:50:04

Watching with interest as I have the same problem.

thoselilly Fri 16-Dec-16 13:11:02

I would give HG mould spray a try. This is one of the best cleaners that I've use to treat mould in our bathroom and it always brings it up spotless.

Deux Fri 16-Dec-16 13:15:07

Another vote for HG Mould spray. It's fab. Just spray on then rinse off later.

For intensive treatment, use a single ply of kitchen roll to stop it running off the areas you want to treat esp vertical surfaces.

Take care though with leaving it in contact with any chrome plated fittings as it can cause discolouration and flaking (this happened with my shower drain).

BendyBusBuggy Fri 16-Dec-16 13:16:33

I mix baking soda with. Bleach into a paste and leave it on for a few hours before rinsing off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now