Talk

Advanced search

Steam cleaners??

(5 Posts)
loogino Fri 16-Dec-16 12:46:29

Does anyone have a steam cleaner that they love, or didn't get on with? I'm trying to decide if I need one in my life, or whether it would be a big old waste of money. Half of our rooms have tile / laminate floor - are they also any good on rugs or carpets? And sofa covers? Please tell me what you've used yours for and whether it did a good job!

subjectmack Fri 16-Dec-16 13:30:40

My hubby brought me a VAX steam cleaner after going through a few crappy ones. I've had mine for about a year or so. Wonderful steamer. Very light to use. Only draw back is that you have to hold the button in all the time you're using it. That's only a problem if you have arthritis as I do. Otherwise it's great. I haven't used the hand held part yet so I can't comment on that.

Daisiesandgerberas Sun 18-Dec-16 20:30:14

I use the karcher SC2 and love it. One thing I'd chane is the need for it to have a longer cable but then again I'd be cross if it did because I'd be tripping over it!!

It's small but holds a lot of water. To do a 5 bed, 4 bath house top to bottom (sills, skirting boards, window frames, inside oven etc) it needed to be filled 3 times.

Quite quick to cool down & warm up.

Very easy to use.

officialwildestdreams Mon 19-Dec-16 07:18:38

I've got a morphy richards steam cleaner.

NapoleonsNose Mon 19-Dec-16 07:30:50

I've got a Morphy Richards one. Tbh, it's not that great and when this one goes, I wouldn't replace it. It's just a glorified mop really - ok for the floors but the handheld bit is rubbish, no oomph or power at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now