Talk

Advanced search

Hoovers - Any recommendations

(17 Posts)
bothered Sun 18-Feb-07 12:51:31

Ive just bee reading some previous threads about roombas - hoovers that work by themselves. Are they really as good as they sound - or do you have any other recommendations?

bothered Mon 19-Feb-07 10:35:35

Bump - anyone got any experience of these super miracle hoovers

bothered Wed 21-Feb-07 13:43:48

bump

blissieblue Wed 21-Feb-07 17:31:38

can't speak from personal experience but I was told by the man that came to repair my (crap) electrolux hoover that Sebo are the best you can buy. They look kind of funny though!

bothered Thu 22-Feb-07 11:32:16

Thanks bliss

has anyone got a Roomba 2 Robot ??

NappiesGalore Fri 23-Feb-07 12:57:24

theres a thread on here (do a search) about how miraculous and brilliant they are. its convinced me, so im getting one... have lots of wood floors, so am thinking of getting the cleaning one too...

other than that, i recommend Henry hoovers. theyre simple and basic, but all you want it to do is suck up dirt, right?? digital displays and headlights are a bit... well, unneccessary really...
all the builders and contract cleaners use them, which means they must be economical, effective and reliable. cant say fairer than that.

frumpygrumpy Fri 23-Feb-07 13:13:20

Have never heard of them but I'm interested

I have Meile, it is great, and I've had it for about 7 years without problems or anything falling off. It has about 6 choices of suck (I'm sure there's a better way of describing it but I'm rushing ) and 2 different heads depending on whether you are hoovering heavy duty dog hair or shiny wooden floors etc. I have neither dog hairs or wooden floors but it does a great job of my lino, carpets and I do the kids toys/lampshades/tv etc with the attachments.

frumpygrumpy Fri 23-Feb-07 13:14:08

Can you tell I hoover everything

Drusilla Fri 23-Feb-07 13:43:30

Second for Miele here. I have a Miele Cat & Dog and it is fantastic. It is also the only hoover I have EVER had that picks up my hair! My sister has a robot hoover (they set it to do the hoovering while they are work) and it is shite - it is ok for a very basic once over but can't deal with any thing remotely heavy duty and the corners and edges never look like they have been properly. Not sure what make it is though.

CMJ Fri 23-Feb-07 14:47:32

I recommend a Miele - def dont get a Hoover or a Dyson - plastic crap IMHO!

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 14:50:04

I like our Dyson
very satisfying seeing the dirt going round
I also prefer uprights to cylinders as I have some idea that it's better for the carpet to bee brushed with the rolly brushes rather than just sucked at...

frumpygrumpy Fri 23-Feb-07 18:35:55

Yep, mines a Meile Cat & Dog.

smittenkitten Fri 23-Feb-07 19:28:44

i am experiencing a love that dare not speak its name - hte love between a woman and her Dyson. it has such powerful suction - my carpets look like new!

nicoloola Sun 25-Feb-07 20:45:23

No No No No don't ever get a Dyson - I'm thinking of suing them for their "never loses suction, not ever, ever ever" yeh, f****g right - we have to wash our filter after ever 4th clean (and it's cumbersome) - husband likes to see the dust though!!! (he could always empty the bag in the old hoover of course!!!!).

chocolatekimmy Sun 25-Feb-07 21:49:15

Dyson is powerful but very unreliable in the Which magazine surveys with the main problem being the hose splitting (about £20 to replace). They have introduced a 5 year guarantee now so that helps

There is also a handle at the top of the dyson upright which is fine but I find it gets in the way when you have an attachement on the end and you can't do under low furniture etc.

Which results for Octobr 2006

Best Cylinder

1 - 5 Miele (S4510, Cat and Dog, S4210, S380, S5210)
6 Bosch BSG71800GB

Best Upright

1 Dyson DC14 all floors
2 Dyson DC15 The ball
3 Sevbo Felix 1 premium
4 Hoover dust manager
5 LG

Don't buy - Hoover purepower, Morphy Richards pets, Vax

RIELOVESBACARDI Sun 25-Feb-07 21:50:58

don't get a dyson ball upright thing unless you built like a sumo

amidaiwish Sun 25-Feb-07 22:06:10

we have a Miele cylinder - fantastic!
had a Dyson before, didn't find it great tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now