Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are your to do lists never ending?

(13 Posts)
2015mom Tue 13-Dec-16 22:13:56

So I have a to do list where I put one or two things on each day.

I wanted to finish everything my Christmas but now it's looking like everything will be done by end of January because I have a LO to look after so don't want to bombard myself with 10 things to do in one day so I try and have a maximum of 3 to 4 things each day. I want it all finished by end of January completely because munee next baby is due mid Feb

Do you find that your to do lists are never ending and you are constantly adding things to do?

NickNacks Tue 13-Dec-16 22:14:37

Of course! Isn't that life?

2015mom Tue 13-Dec-16 22:21:03

Yeah things to do are never ending suppose I just wanted reassurance I was not being anal

LBOCS2 Tue 13-Dec-16 22:48:35

Bahahaha.

My to do list only has two things on it.

They are:

•House
•Christmas

confused

LittlelottieO Tue 13-Dec-16 22:56:17

Yes. Your not alone! I constantly feel like this! A never ending to do list (I swear some stuffs been on my list for over 6months) It becomes more manageable at times then goes a crazy during hectic periods! I like getting everything down on paper tho puts my mind at rest!

Bobochic Tue 13-Dec-16 23:06:06

Yes, and they will be until life is over!

Rockpebblestone Tue 13-Dec-16 23:13:36

I try to convince myself the never ending list makes me A. Very. Important. Person. Indispensable, infact.

2015mom Wed 14-Dec-16 07:21:24

Yeah I prefer writing things down on a list too at least that way you don't have to constantly think about them, once it's written down on a certain day to do then I just do on the day unless I have a lazy day lol

JustSpeakSense Wed 14-Dec-16 07:38:57

I was once having a moan (about how busy I was running around after kids, never ending chores at home, etc.) and an elderly relative very wisely reminded me how lovely it was to be needed, and that nobody needed her anymore.

It was an eye opener and I try to see my load as a blessing now.

2015mom Wed 14-Dec-16 20:27:31

Yes that is very true it's such a shame when you are old and your kids are older and independent ... it must be a lot to adjust to for a once busy mom

The people are I really feel sorry for are the elderly who don't have much family and everyone is busy.... it seems hard for the busy family members and friends to make time because life is so busy

Sammysquiz Thu 15-Dec-16 14:55:19

I was once having a moan (about how busy I was running around after kids, never ending chores at home, etc.) and an elderly relative very wisely reminded me how lovely it was to be needed, and that nobody needed her anymore.

I was moaning to someone recently about how my clingy toddler wouldn't let me be alone for a second and she replied 'gosh, I wish someone loved me that much!'. Made me look at things differently!

EagleIsland Thu 15-Dec-16 15:09:06

Always the same. The list grows each day.

Today:
Mail presents to family
Bring in firewood
Fix snowblower

Tomorrow
Wire up generator
Wrap presents
Laundry

Would be nice if all the jobs are inside! Instead it's after work in the dark in 8" of snow. The wind chill today and tomorrow takes it to -35C!.....lucky me

2015mom Fri 16-Dec-16 13:55:15

Wow that's cold!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now