Talk

Advanced search

Organising receipts

(7 Posts)
2015mom Tue 13-Dec-16 22:10:03

Hi my receipts are a mess and I want to get organised for 2017 so I was planning on keeping a seaparate file for 2017 as follows:
• Fuel 2017
• Groceries 2017
• General 2017

They will be going in brown buff files.

How do you organise your receipts

I don't know whether to organise the General receipts file in alphabetical order or date order... please help

Thanks

CraftyGirly90 Thu 15-Dec-16 13:54:17

If it was me I'd organise the by date in specific categories. You know such as clothes, house, gifts, etc x

homeaway Thu 15-Dec-16 18:06:23

Do you need to keep all of them ??

JugglingMum17 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:51:13

Thank you everybody for your input.

I recently put my manuals of all electrical items and manuals for things around the house in two Lever arch folders with dividers A to Z which will make it easier to find manuals! They were previously just thrown in a big box and finding was so annoying.

I am going to staples the receipts for these items with the manuals because if they are required it will be after looking at the manual.

Everything else I will file in alphabetical order for years preceding 2017 so it will be easier to find in the future if required.

This year I will file in date order in three separate files as follows:
• General 2017
• Groceries 2017
• Diesel 2017

Groceries are purely filed separately because there are so many and I can review ways of saving money in the future.

Diesel file is useful because use them to claim mileage.

General 2017 covers all other receipts.

sausagedogrolls Fri 28-Apr-17 22:42:34

I don't keep many receipts.

Staple each receipt to a piece of paper and stick it in a lever arch file.

dementedpixie Fri 28-Apr-17 22:52:36

I usually file mine in the bin! Unless you need them for an expensive item then why keep them at all?

MrsMoastyToasty Fri 28-Apr-17 22:55:20

I keep debit/credit card receipts until I get my bank/visa statements and then shred them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now