Talk

Advanced search

Big biodegradable compost bags

(9 Posts)
veneeroftheweek Thu 08-Dec-16 22:37:33

Apologies for the tedious nature of this post. I feel like I'm searching for the holy grail. We have a new bin arrangement which means that the food waste goes into a slightly longer bin than a normal squat shapedcouncil-issue caddy. I'm really struggling to find biodegradable bin liners to fit. Aldi have recently started doing them and they're the right size but so flimsy I'm using three at a timesny they still rip. A friend gave me a roll that was perfect but had no idea where it was from. Can anyone help?

veneeroftheweek Fri 09-Dec-16 13:51:08

Too tedious for everyone?

Magstermay Sun 11-Dec-16 11:31:50

We got some by accident from Ocado that were meant for the bigger kerbside bins. Maybe try Waitrose if you don't use Ocado?

ceres Sun 11-Dec-16 23:18:53

Lidl ones are much better than Aldi - a lot sturdier and they come on a roll so may be the ones your friend gave you?

claraschu Sun 11-Dec-16 23:21:29

Waitress have strong huge ones- expensive but wonderful.

Monkeybunkey Tue 13-Dec-16 14:19:37

I got some from Tesco that say they're large sacks for kerb-side food compost bins. I've not opened them yet though, so I'm afraid I can't comment on how big they really are (not helpful, sorry!).

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 13-Dec-16 14:20:33

You can get various sizes from Amazon

monctonbelly Wed 14-Dec-16 15:39:53

I brought a pack of 3 bio d compost bags online and they are great quality.

veneeroftheweek Tue 10-Jan-17 22:24:49

So sorry - I only just saw that people had responded. No one had last time I checked and I gave up! Thank you for all of these replies. Will work my way through your suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now